I need some advice

landshark

I just upgraded my sump because I was have too much problem getting to stuff, and also it was too small for my liken. I had a 29 gallon and upgrade to a 40 gallon breeder which is much bigger and I have more space for my fuge. Do I put the old sand back in the fuge or get new sand? If so what sand are you guy using on your fuge. Do I even need to put sand in? My ultimate goal is to be able to support a mandarin in the future. I will post some pic of the sump soon.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
because of the low flow the sand is probably very loaded with problem causing ingredients, you don't need to have sand and you will find it much easier to siphon out the settled detritus, if you have macro algae you should be able to support a pod population

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Sas hit the nail on the head. No sand just add a chaeto ball n light. Next thing ya know u hve pods without the unneeded sand.

landshark

Thanks for the quick response guys, I think I will try that, if I don’t like it I can always change right.:yehoo:

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
Hey that looks like my sump. Drain on left, return in center, and fuge on right. Only difference between yours and mine is the center baffle isn't as tall on mine. Should work out great for you!

landshark

Hey that looks like my sump. Drain on left, return in center, and fuge on right. Only difference between yours and mine is the center baffle isn't as tall on mine. Should work out great for you!

Thanks jjmoneyman, My old sump had the center baffle higher and is cause me a lot of pain each time I needed to remove my skimmer to clean it. So this time I went lower so as the get ample access. My next project is to build a higher stand and place to house all my cables and wires.