Search results

1. B

Plate Coral

I got a nice green and orange long tentacle plate coral a few weeks ago. It was shipped to me about 3 weeks ago. Since I've gotten it it has yet to open its tentacles. It deflates all the way down when the lights are on and every night when the lights go out it blows back up. It has eaten twice...
  2. B

6 gallon nano with 2.5 gallon sump/refug

I just started this today. I had these 2 tanks and stuff just laying around and figured i would give it a shot. I drilled the tank and plumb it today. filled it to check for leaks. Let me know on your guys thoughts. Not sure whats gonna go in it just yet as i don't have any lighting for it and...
  3. B

6 gallon nano with 2.5 gallon sump/refug

I just started this today. I had these 2 tanks and stuff just laying around and figured i would give it a shot. I drilled the tank and plumb it today. filled it to check for leaks. Let me know on your guys thoughts. Not sure whats gonna go in it just yet as i don't have any lighting for it and...
  4. B

HOB refugiums?

I was looking on eBay and found these. They look really cool and looks like it would work great for growing pods. I have a 20 gallon long and have a mod AC50 as a refugium right now. I'm thinking about getting this and using it instead of the AC50. Whats your guys thoughts on these units...
  5. B

RO/DI units

Its time I upgrade my RO unit to something better. I have the coral life RO unit 24 gpd. I want to get an RO/DI unit that does about 75gpd. Ive been looking at the filterguys but was wondering what you guys use.
  6. B

Looking for a great protein skimmer......

I made the mistake of buying a crappy skimmer and I'm tired of wasting money. I have a 20 gallon long reef tank and I'm looking for everyone's opinion on the best skimmer for my tank. I'm not looking to spend $500 but I do want to get a great skimmer.
  7. B

H2O Life Fish Food?

I just got a 2LBS bag of small/med H2O Life Pro-Variety Mix Frozen Fish Food for a great price. My buddy talks this stuff up like its the greatest fish food ever made. From reading up on it today it seems like some really good food. Other then this stuff stinking to high heavens im hoping its as...
  8. B

Good place to get copeods?

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but i couldn't find anywhere else to post it. Im looking to get some chaeto algae and copepods. I just set up a DIY AC refugium. I would like to get the chaeto and add some pods. I was just wondering where some of you get them other then a your...
  9. B

Black and white Clown not doing good.

I've had this pair of black and white for about 2 weeks now. They were doing great until i noticed one of them was laying on the sand this morning. I thought he was dead but when i went to get him out he jump up and swam away. He is breathing really fast and seems to go straight t the bottom and...
  10. B

Thinking about starting a 2.5 gallon tank

I'm thinking about starting a little pico for my desk at work. I was looking at setting it up this way. 2.5 Aqueon Mini Bow fish tank. Coralife Mini CF Lamp 50 / 50 10 Watt AquaClear 20 with filter and Chemi Pure Elite Hydor Mini Heater 5Lbs of live sand 5Lbs of live rock Just...
  11. B

Looking for reef safe paint....

I'm making an overflow box and wanted to paint it black. I'm not sure what type or brand of paint to use. Anyone know a safe type of paint i can use to paint the box as it is going inside the tank?
  12. B

White star-like growths on the glass

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this ever since I've been having an algae problem I'm starting to notice these small white things on the glass. I don't believe there moving but they have a small white dot in the middle and tons of little legs. Looks kinda like a star. I moved a 2...
  13. B

Huge Algae Problem! Please Help

When i first setup the tank about a month or 2 ago i had a little hair algae problem. After about week it started to go away and i thought i was in the clear. About a week ago i started to notice a brown algae growing on the live rock. Today the tank looks so bad ive been thinking about tearing...
  14. B

pulsing xenia acting weird

I've had 2 frags for about 2 weeks now. The first week went great but then a few days ago i added some more live rock and my levels went up just a little. I let the live rock sit in a tub for about a week and let it cure out. My level didnt go by much just a tad. Would this cause my xenia to not...
  15. B

New hitchhiker found this morning

I added some new live rock to my tank and this morning i was checking things out and noticed this little guy. I have no idea what type of crab it is. I took a pic but its a little hard to see as hes wedged in a crack. I'm not sure if hes even alive tho he seems to be. I didnt wanna check b/c i...
  16. B

ID needed on 2 hitchikers found on LR

I got a nice colony of green star polyps. a few days later i noticed 2 things different. i took a few pics. hope these help in the ID. Heres the rock. If you look really hard at the bottom left side you can see one of the tentacles sticking out. 1st are these 2 tiny tentacles. Ive never seen...
  17. B

Looking for the best clean-up Crew

Im setting up a 20 gallon long reef and was trying to figure out what the best combo clean-up crew would be. I guess what I'm looking for types of snails, Hermits, Stars, shrimp.... ect and how many of them i should use for a 20 long. Any and all help would be great.
  18. B

Algae Problem

i set up a 20 gallon long about a week ago. I have a big 7 or 8 pond rock in the tank. a few days after it was set up i noticed some green hair algae. Now the big live rock is covered and its starting to grow on the glass and sand. Last night i added another filter with some biomax and...
  19. B

Hermit crab ID

Im new to saltwater and got some hermits that were sold to me as blue eye hermits. Ive seen pics of blue eyes and knew they were not them. At the time they looked like large blue legs but know that they are in my tank im not sure what they are. It was hard getting pics of them b/c as soon as i...