Search results

1. sportparadise

Lighting question

I am trying to figure out the best amount of time for my lights to run. I have 6-T5 blue actinics and 2- 250watt pendant halides 12000k lights over my 125. Right now I have 3- blue on at 9:00-9:00 and 3- blue on at 10-8 And 2 halides on at 12-8. Any opinions? Just looking for the best I can...
  2. sportparadise

Hair algae going mad or i am!!!

Hate to say it but he did not make it. I dont think he was ever adjusted to the tank.
  3. sportparadise

I do still wonder about just under the surface of the sand bed being one side red and the other side green
  4. sportparadise

Getting there. The water is so clear i hope it stay and yes coraline is looking like it had no effects from all this
  5. sportparadise

Yes it really is looking pretty good. I am only planning on a few more pc of rock on the one side and thats it. I like the way it looks like this better then before. What do you think about the PH bouncing all over? 8.0 to 8.3 Not a big deal right?
  6. sportparadise

progress is going good. I put back in about 90% of the rock back in the tank. I am leaving out about 20lbs from what i had originally to leave more open space for flow. Relocated powerheads and coral has started to perk up. Levels all look good but the ph, Its seems to be bouncing around alittle...
  7. sportparadise

30 inches!

Yup I am right in the path on long island. Tuned generator and snowblower up so ready for power to go out and heavy snow. Just worked out tank from last issue, dont need power out to mess it up. GOOD LUCK
  8. sportparadise

rocks looking good in holding tank. With this storm coming to long island, it would make a perfect time to put the rock back in DT. Has it been saoking for long enough and is it safe now to re-stack it in DT? Some of my frags arent to happy (Below are pics) but i have been testing tank since...
  9. sportparadise

What about the rock i am soaking in blackout tank? Its been 3 days how long before i can get it back in?
  10. sportparadise

i have been using seachem advantage
  11. sportparadise

Today is day 3 of re-do. Yesterday i scrubbed inside of tank and overflows to rid all HA in there. Rock is still simmering in holding tank. Today i am going to add more sand to the DT to bring my bed up to 5" from 3" I think 3" was to low for a 125 tank. I hope. Maybe thats why the sand is so...
  12. sportparadise

I have always wondered about that. If you mix up the sand bed it is filthy dirty, but the very surface is really nice. So many different opions on that i had BB and switch last year after i had my dino attack.
  13. sportparadise

Rock is out scrubbed and simmering in holding tank. Alot of dirt in them. Just a few of the real big boys i had to leave. Tomorrow ill toothbrush them and clean off all HA in the tank.
  14. sportparadise

Thats also what i am afraid of too. I am taking rock out today(most of it) Going to scrub them and set them in another tank blackout and run carbon and gfo along with a powerhead for a few days and then see what they look like.
  15. sportparadise

I did do a blackout for 4 days tank completely covered and HA stopped but didnt go away and the neo stayed just the same. I did go in a pick off every pc of neo there was in the tank and brush off HA and its coming back
  16. sportparadise

This tank has had some big issues over the past 1yr. Last year i went thru dino and had to take out rock and do blackouts and the works. Then it was looking good and slow but surely the neo started to appear. I didnt get so worried with them as i was picking them off as much as i could. Then...
  17. sportparadise

ok thats the plan then. What do you think about the sand bed? Just a light vac on the surface of it after i take the rock out?
  18. sportparadise

I am running a EShopps PSK-200 seems to do a good job fills up within 2-3 days
  19. sportparadise

After the wire brushing, you said rinse the rock off. with straight ro water or salt mix or just siphon water from tank in bucket and rinse? If i break it down i would just do it let rock sit overnight and then restack it. I agree out rock being to tight. i just dont like that tall of a tank...