Hair algae going mad or i am!!!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
no worry about the PH.....a .3 swing is within range but you don't want it much higher. Mine does that but at the end of the day these ph probes are so terrible that you can never really trust it, just keep things clean and stable and you'll be ok.

progress is going good. I put back in about 90% of the rock back in the tank. I am leaving out about 20lbs from what i had originally to leave more open space for flow. Relocated powerheads and coral has started to perk up. Levels all look good but the ph, Its seems to be bouncing around alittle but i am try to balance it out. jumping from 8.0 to 8.3
image_zps1514c523.jpg
Your tank looks great. Lots of flow space between rocks and hiding spots for fish. I think your hard work is going to pay off nicely. Just make sure you keep an eye on your parameters. With all that gha out of the way, your readings should be spot on, and you can react quickly to drastic changes in PO4, NA2, NA3.

Btw, if it has not already been said, don't put in any additives that you can/do not test for. If you are doing periodic water changes, that will be enough to replenish any low macro and micro nutrients. That's really what water canges are for, aside from the occasional mishap, like your 4 year old pouring a bottle of shampoo into your 20g nano because he liked the bubbles.

Your tank looks great. Lots of flow space between rocks and hiding spots for fish. I think your hard work is going to pay off nicely. Just make sure you keep an eye on your parameters. With all that gha out of the way, your readings should be spot on, and you can react quickly to drastic changes in PO4, NA2, NA3.
OOPS..That's supposed to be NO2 and NO3.