Search results

1. P

A Poorman's Pico: PGHfishnerd's 2 gal

Hello friends! Long time, no see! I've been out of the hobby for I'd say... 3 years now. I'd been waiting til I had the time and money to restart one of my tanks (I had a 30 gallon reef and a 37 gallon seahorse tank) but I just can't stay away from the hobby any longer. Due to a lack of funds...
  2. P

New Puppy! (Pic Heavy)

My fiance and I finally got our puppy yesterday! :woohoo: We'd been visiting him and talking to the breeder for almost a month and we finally picked him up! He's a 10 week old Bull Terrier named Archie :). This guy is a little beasty. He's 20 lbs at 10 weeks old haha. He comes from...
  3. P

Macroalgae for Seahorse Tank

Hello Pony People! I recently had a leak in my 25 gallon seahorse tank and managed to find a great deal on a 37 gallon column tank. It's cycling right now and since I've had time to think about it, I've decided I'm done with the plastic plants and fake corals. Because I'm looking to keep it a...
  4. P

Shrimp on a Treadmill

Has anyone else seen this? Hahaha I can't stop watching and laughing over and over. :laughroll :laughroll http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KskaUMuARR8 :LOL: It looks like a Ghost Shrimp but in another version of the video you can see the guy putting him in and the thing looks huge in his hand...
  5. P

Zoa/Paly ID Help Please

I got these last week. They open up like cups... rather than plates (lol if we wanna stick with the kitchenware theme here) I'm just curious what they are, Palythoa, Zooanthid, Protopalythoa?? Has anyone ever had these? I think they're really neat. They're freakin' huge! Try and...
  6. P

Finger Leather Texture?

I have a strange question that someone here may miraculously have the answer to. I got a finger leather coral from a VERY reputable fish store in my area on Friday and when I was acclimating it, I moved it from the bag to the bucket. Trying to touch only the rock it was attached to, I...
  7. P

Sand Sifting Gobies

I recently got a Gold Head Sleeper Goby, and I think he's so interesting... but he's caused my mom to ask me the first question about my tank that I couldn't answer, and that drives me crazy! I'm used to just spouting off answers left and right, but this one... I'm stumped, and I can't find...
  8. P

What type of filtration do you use?

What type of filtration do you use in your tanks? Right now I'm planning for a reef tank somewhere between 75 and 125 gallons that's going to be set up in about a year. Since I have a chance to start from scratch, I want to do it without ever saying "I wish I would have...". So I wanna know...
  9. P

New Pony (Just Showing Off) ;)

My female Erectus has been alone in my 25 gallon hex for a couple weeks since her mate died after a miscarriage (it was so sad). I kept whining to my boyfriend about how sad shes been and he finally gave in and ordered me a male from Seahorse Corral. :woohoo: It's the same place I got her and...
  10. P

Hello All!

Hi! I feel like I shouldn't be introducing myself since I've been reading these forums so long, but I finally decided to join in the fun. My name pretty much describes me. I'm a total fish nerd from Pittsburgh. I've been in the fishkeeping hobby for most of my life. I actually carried home...