Search results

1. troxy12

My torch coral

I am kind of at a lost as what to do here. When i first put my torch in my tank it looked good. Check out the pictures if you click on my link below. It has been a month since then and now the coral will barely open. Calcium level is 460 my ph is 8.2, 0 ammonia and 0 nitrite and 5...
  2. troxy12

Purple tip anemone

Can anyone tell me what they know about the purple tip anemone? I was in my LFS this afternoon and I noticed a beautiful anemone they called a purple tip. It was inexpensive so I just wondered what the deal was???thanks
  3. troxy12

Ryan's 1st saltwater adventure

Well, it's been a year since I set up my tank. It's a 24 gallon aquapod. I have two picasso clowns and 1 red firefish in the tank. I have had fw fish all my life, but like many have always been intrigued by the saltwater fish and colors. I have recently added a torch coral. it's been about...
  4. troxy12

aiptasia?

is this the start of aiptasia?
  5. troxy12

Removing Bioballs?

I was doing a bit of reading through some of the threads here and came across a couple that mention removing the bioballs from their redsea/aquapod. Why are they removing the bioballs? To increase flow rate? Could I replace the bioballs with chemi-pure?
  6. troxy12

Help! Sick Saddlebacks.

I bought a pair of saddleback clownfish about a month ago. everything has been going well they have great appetite and color. Well they have started to scratch on some of the objects in the tank. This is not ick!!! Breathing seems a little more rapid than normal. Besides the flashing they eat...
  7. troxy12

Feather Dusters

I just recently purchased some live rock with several feather dusters attached. I wondered what the specific care requirements are for the feather dusters? I know they can basically "snatch" food out of the water, but are there certain foods I need to put in the water?
  8. troxy12

Algae problem

I've had my 29 gallon aquapod set up for 8 months now. I have a few fish in there and they look great. My problem is there is a lot of red sludge in the tank. I suppose I need a cleaning crew for the tank, but my question is what is the best way to get rid of the sludge so I can put a...
  9. troxy12

Easy coral or anemone

I am relatively new to the saltwater trade and am loving the challenges it brings. I have had my tank setup for 8 months or so and am now looking to purchase an anemone or coral for the tank. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for an easy coral or anemone to keep. My aquarium is 29...