aiptasia?

troxy12

Jess, that's what it looks like to me. I'm having a hard time getting a quality picture of it. The only thing is the base of it must be in the rock because I am only seeing the top. What is the best way to get rid of it. I've heard many different, but as I only have one I'd like to take care of it asap...

mettjl03

If its only one I would order Aiptasia X... There's a link below where u can order it from... Just follow the directions and it will die right away. Make sure you turn ur filters/power heads off while treating it. But take care of it fast because it spreads like wild fire!!! Also you could get a peppermint shrimp to manage the little Aiptasia's that are inside your rock.

Red Sea Aiptasia-X 2oz (60mL)

troxy12

Thanks Jess. Have you used the Aiptasia X? I've been trying to read up on all the different things you can use.

mettjl03

Yea I have and it works really well... Especially if you don't have a lot like I do! You just shake it up real good and shoot it right into the center of the Aiptasia... They eat it right up and die

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I have to say Jess is right. Many people have had great success with A-X. For some reason (just like any other method) there are some instances where it's not great but I'd give it a try ASAP! the sooner you get it under control the better..isn't that right Jess? :)

troxy12

I have to say it's nice to be able to get the advice of others. Thanks and like I said I'll let you know how it turns out. This is my first saltwater tank so everything is still an "adventure."

troxy12

I am going today to my LFS to get the Red Sea Aiptasia X. I'll inject my "little friend" tonight and let you all know how it turns out...