Search results

1. little clown

sweet corals

Nice, but not cheap!!
  2. limit0001

limit0001

3. little clown

10k, 14k,1 15k, 20k? Which do you like?

14k and some actinics give great colour rendition.
  4. little clown

~Jan '06 Photo Contest~

Woops, forgot to post the pic in the thread!! here it is...
  5. little clown

150W MH and SPS?

after recenty upgrading from t5's I'm wondering if I have enough light for some easier SPS corals? the unit is the arcadia series 3 penant, with two 150Watt halides and two 30watt blue flourecent tubes. Could this lighting support SPS (asuming all other conditions were met) maybe a Montipora...
  6. IMG_clam

IMG_clam

another early christmas- it couldn't wait!
  7. little clown

clowns in need of persuasion...

definately worth a shot boomer... will have a go this evening. I'v also heard of some wired one, like wiggling a clown fish shaped lettice clip in the BTA, or catching the fish and throwing it in the nem, hoping it will stay there out of fear!!
  8. little clown

clowns in need of persuasion...

Does anyone have any ideas of how to persuade a pair of clowns to host a certain anemone? The clowns are Amphiprion ocellaris The nem is a normal BTA. I know these two are not natural hosts, but i have seen many such pairs in captivity. At the moment the clowns live in a large leather...
  9. little clown

Reef Aquarium, Volume 3

if the other 2 are anything to go by, this will be a superb book!!!
  10. little clown

the "dream tank" idea

2 false clowns (mated pair) a yellow tang green mandarin 4 green/blue chromis cleaner shrimp fish shrimp usual clean up crew (would people say that is maxed out, or is there still room for a small one) Is is usual for the fire shrimp to bother my BTA which moved into its cave, he...
  11. little clown

the "dream tank" idea

Fortunately, I already have the mandarin in the 46g tank and it's eating frozen foods and looking nice and fat (6-7 months) What are people's experiences on fish (false clown) jumping out of the tank. Unfortunately I lost one last week to this. I don't think it was being chased or anything like...
  12. little clown

Aptasia Anemone

injecting hydroxides is also very effective
  13. little clown

the "dream tank" idea

very nice link. I'v been looking at the 3 Series Pendants from arcadia, Anyone have any other good pendant type lighting?
  14. little clown

the "dream tank" idea

A mixture of soft and stony corals, 1 or 2 amemones, and a few peaceful reef fish. (clowns, tangs, mandarine, etc..) the usual algae and detritus clean up crew (turbos, red legged hermits..) the trouble is that the LFS is very expensive. I might have a look around the country for a better...
  15. little clown

the "dream tank" idea

Oh dear, i'v finally decided to give the 'dream tank' a go- thinking about an all glass 200+ gallon tank with large sump (and built in refugium). Filtration will be the berlin method (deep sand bed and LR), any suggestions on were to get the tank (possibly custom made) over the net, as I live...
  16. new aquascaping

new aquascaping

after the long and difficult removal of the coral beauty, this is what the tank now looks like. Any ideas on aquascape changes??
  17. new tank

new tank

18. ID anyone???

ID anyone???

new edition from the LSF, was described as a moderatly difficult 'sand anemone'. could it be a long tip?
  19. hammer1

hammer1

20. crab_1

crab_1

member of the much needed clean-up crew-doing what he should.