Search results

1. D

Jebao RW4 take 1...

Ordered a Jebao rw4 to add some flow in my nano, it lasted a whole whopping 4 minutes. It then lost power. When the transformer is plugged into the wall the light is on. Once you plug the controller in it goes out. I heard good things about them but now I am skeptical.
  2. D

Help finding a tank/stand/canopy combo

I have been struggling to find a good 90gal offering. My ideal specs are below 90g long starfire Black silicon Center overflow Black stand with doors on front and end Black canopy with room for led's I have looked at SC aquariums and theirs is pretty close but the sump design is horrible and...
  3. D

Reputable tank vendors

I was hoping to compile a list of reputable tank vendors. While working through my equipment list I keep coming upon posts with bad experiences with vaulting vendors. Plus many of you know of vendors that I would otherwise not find.
  4. D

Duncan skin getting patchy

My duncan corals outer green layer has started getting patchy looking. He is spending more time closed up recently at odd times of the day. Any ideas?
  5. D

Snail with a half shell?

Saw this guy tonight climbing on my corals. Any idea what he is?
  6. D

Choosing a tank!

I am currently considering the following tanks SCAquariums 90 gallon long Red Sea Reefer 350 Anyone have feedback on SC?
  7. D

My upcoming 90 build equipment list

Ordering a 90 gallon soon and trying to plan my equipment list. Any help would be great! Mag 9.5 return pump Reef Octopus 110 INT skimmer 2x. evergrow. IT2040 LED lights 1x. Jebao rw-8 is this enough flow? Reef keeper lite plus 300w titanium heater?
  8. D

Black spots on clown

Noticed some black spots on my clown yesterday, any idea what it could be?
  9. D

Evergrow LED lighting questions

Looking at the 16" evergrow lighting on eBay. Does anyone have experience with the version that has a controller? The cheaper Dimmable version, does it come with a dimmer? Which would you suggest for the Nuvo 16 gal?
  10. D

Current USA orbit vs Fluval sea for Nuvo 16

Looking to upgrade my stock lights to either the 25w Fluval sea or the 24" current USA Orbit fixture. Any feedback on either?
  11. D

10 gal frag tank?

Thinking about setting up a 10 gallon frag tank. I currently have a10 gal with a cheap HOB filter. I was thinking about adding a modified AC50 with live rock rubble and a small set of t5 lights. Any concerns or feedback?
  12. D

New corals from suspect tank

Picked up some frags tonight, after driving an hour to get there they were a but more suspect for evil things than I would have liked. I don't have a QT and no coral rx. Any options?
  13. D

Best ATO for a Nano

What do most people use for ato's on their nano? There seem to be a ton of options.
  14. D

Best RODI for the buck

Trying to figure out what the best RODI unit for the dollar is right now. Would like to stay under 200 and don't need anything huge.
  15. D

Reef tank in mechanical room?

I am looking at doing a built in tank in my basement. The back side and sump would be in my mechanical room which has my electric panel and water heater. Does anyone have any experience with whether this is going to cause corrosion to the panel and appliance?
  16. D

My innovative Marine 16 Nano

I have been out of the hobby for a couple years. Finally decided to get back in. I just set up a 16 gallon nano to temporarily fix the itch while I build a 75 gallon this winter. 20 lbsLS 17 lbs LR water flow is a bit disappointing and the skimmer is tough to adjust but loving the tank.
  17. D

Rsm130 fish lineup

I have been seeing some tangs in the rsm130's on here. How does everyone feel about them in this size a tank? I am looking at picking a 130 up today and want to make sure it will work for my lineup. I eventually want a yellow Tang, one ocellaris clown and a 6 line.
  18. D

RSM250 vs DIY 75g

Trying to figure out what setup to go with. I have found a good deal on a used RSM250. My previous tank was a 55gallon with a self built sump. I loved having the sump as it was my breeding ground for chaeto however I am thinking I want something a bit easier to maintain this time. I am not...
  19. D

Coming back to saltwater

Recently decided to jump back into salt water. Been out for a couple years and decided to get a biocube last week. Well that did t last long and I figured may as well go all in. Now I just need to decide if I build one into the wall or do a stand alone. I have a spot where I could build...
  20. D

How long can a cycled tank sit ?

How long can you let a newly cycled tan sit before adding fish or your CUC?