Best RODI for the buck

Trying to figure out what the best RODI unit for the dollar is right now. Would like to stay under 200 and don't need anything huge.

bullet

we have a RO Buddy it does 100 gallon per day and cost $119.00 usd works great the only thing is it wastes a lot of water I believe its 3.5-4 gallons per 1 good gallon I would recommend adding additional cartridge for waste water to be filtered again through the membrane it will reduce the waste by less than half and almost double the out put as long as you have good water pressure

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Bulk reef usually sells them on the "deal of the day" sales. At the end of the day, unless you care about aesthetics, you're really only concerned with the filter type........they are for the most part interchangeable. I look for one that has a low cost of use. Readily available filters, replacement parts etc etc.

Also, check your towns water report to see if they use chloramines in the water and if so, you'll need that kind of filter. Its also good practice to add a DI stage as well. Bulk Reef, Air water ice and a host of others have a lot of options or let you customize.

bullet

Make sure before you start you have a good set up for holding and transferring water to and from the ro unit
cause ares is still far from perfect and its a bigger pain than going to LFS and just buying it RO water but I make do for now

bullet

its the getting it out of the can that's the problem I have 2 55gal plastic drums that are food grade
and they work good for storing I just haven't had a chance to set it up like I would like I want to place both barrels horizontally with valves feeding the top to the bottom and from the bottom to my mixing container and one valve going to a spare for top off and drainage

puffermike

All you need now is a float valve, it already comes with a shutoff valve installed. The float just makes life easier if you forget its running.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
that's a good unit for $154 and free shipping (very heavy) plus USA made Lifetime Warranty and one of our RS sponsors the owner is a good guy (Brian) with good customer support

http://www.tbaquatics.com/150-gpd-4...-with-autoshutoff-valve-327.html#.VKmFOoqnoXw

150 gpd membrane
98% rejection rate
1 micron sediment filter
1 micron carbon block
DI filter with color changing resin
Pressure gauge to determine when to change sediment and carbon filters
Auto shutoff to stop waste water when output is shutoff
Lifetime Warranty