Search results

1. Spooda420

Rowaphos

Whats better the rowa sponge or the reactor combo? I need to start to think about removing the po4 from my system. Also if the reactor is better is it possible to run that in conjuction with my CA reactor? I mean using the output line coming from the CA reactor going into the rowaphos...
  2. Spooda420

Looking for large pump

I am thinking about changing my FW 125 gallon tank to a SW tank. problem is sump is in the basement. I need a LARGE pump. Its 15' vertical and about 25' horizantal of 1" PVC. What pump is strong enough to move 1000g per hour with that head loss? is the iwaki 100 good enough or am I looking in...
  3. Spooda420

zoo site

anyone ever order from this company? http://www.zomania.com 15 frags of zoo's fo 200 bucks seems pretty good.
  4. Spooda420

Lighting --250w DE ~VS.~ 400w DE

Ok, need some advice. I am upgrading my lighting shortly. I what to keep SPS and clams ANYWHERE in my tank top to bottom. My tank is 60"x18"x27" tall, thats right 27 inches tall are the 400w DE too much light for that tank? or is 250w more what I'm looking for. I want SPS all over the...
  5. Spooda420

250w DE ~VS.~ 400w DE ????

Ok, need some advice. I am upgrading my lighting shortly. I what to keep SPS and clams ANYWHERE in my tank top to bottom. My tank is 60"x18"x27" tall, thats right 27 inches tall are the 400w DE too much light for that tank? or is 250w more what I'm looking for. I want SPS all over the...
  6. Spooda420

For Sale MH + VHO complete set up

FOR SALE: dual 175w MH and dual VHO 48" complete hood. Includes both ballasts, 2-175w 10000k Ushio Bulbs, 2-110w 03's, hood, all normal wiring. Its a complete system folks, I originally bought it from Hellolights.com a few years ago everthing works great. Im upgrading my lights to 400w...
  7. Spooda420

ballast.

ok dumb question here, try to follow me. I have a dual 175 MH and 220w of 03s run of two seperate ballasts. Say I wanted to upgrade to SE 400w I can just change my ballast and bulbs right. I mean the connections are all the same even across brands and styles right? I wont need to purchase a...
  8. Spooda420

250s or 400s

I am thinking about upgrading my lighting I have a 120g display (60x18x27tall) with BB and large sump and fuge. I plan on keeping some clams SPS and LPS. acros/millies/etc would you suggest a 400w system to reach the bottom of the tank 27 inches down? would that be too much light for the...
  9. Spooda420

Tunze stream 6080

Ok I did ... I purchased 2 of those streams from Tunze, I never thought I would but I kept hearing all the raves about them. They do 2,250 GPH I bought 2 so thats 4500 GPH movement in a 120g tank = 37.50x turn over. Those SPS better like all the movement. The fishies better be great swimmers...
  10. Spooda420

is this some sort of flat worm?

is this some sort of flatworm? its round, pure white, about 1/10 to 1/8 of an inch long and slightly raised off the rock.
  11. Spooda420

Formula 1 Race

I know this is the wrong place for this topic but I wanted it to show up on the front page. Anyone going to the Formula 1 race this weekend in Indiana? - I am... June 18/19/20 Just curious. Mods- please leave this here until friday morning. then you can delete it Thanks C
  12. Spooda420

Choice of two skimmers

Ok as much as I hate what I'm about to do. I need to invest in yet another skimmer. (number 3 for me.) been doing some reseach and have found these two, any one have pros or cons for each? I have an Iwaki 55rlt pump to drive it. Space is not a problem so if anyone knows of a better skimmer...
  13. Spooda420

everyone see this?

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/ca/HomeCA.htm a new mag from Fenner...
  14. Spooda420

heavy duty, high quality skimmers

looking for opinions on heavy duty, high quality skimmers. I am considering to buy a new skimmer one that i can use with a iwaki 55 as the pump. I like GEOs 8 incher but i think it a bit pricey. I also like the Aqua C EV 400 (?) the one that rated for 400gallons any ideas? thanks 1
  15. Spooda420

Best site for clean up crews

As some of you know I recently added a 100g stock tank filled with 185 lbs of lve rock (had a bad HA problem) well 7 weeks later no HA and rocks still have 90% of the coraline left. I just bought 115 lbs of new rock to add into the display tank. I do not want another problem like I had before...
  16. Spooda420

bulkheads

I'm looking for a 2.5 inch bulk head or a 2 inch bulkhead anyone know where to get the larger sizes? I'm in the process of installing a 100g belhan (sp?) sump and I need to have a bilk head on the drain...
  17. Spooda420

Mag 3600

Anyone ever use a Mag 3600 as a pump for a closed loop system? they say they do 3600 gph at 0' head, thats alot of water movement. Im re-thinking my set up again, I now have 2 - 30g sumps Thinking about getting a 100g rubbermaid stock tank running all the eq. in that and setting up a...
  18. Spooda420

Critter ID please

What is this? A Ribbon worm? Is it evil? found him on glass today. Its not a bristle worm, there is no 'bristles' he does wired things with his body makes it fat then thin theb rolls over...
  19. Spooda420

Io Salt

I used to get the 200g buckets of IO from Petsmart.com for 35 bucks or so with free shipping after 50 bucks spent. Now I understand that they have a surcharge on over weight items I was wondering where is the best deal online for IO 200g buckets? My LFS has it for like 65 bucks or so, the way I...
  20. Spooda420

take the test.... Where you from?

So where you from? what language you speak? N E S W?? http://www.chuckchamblee.com/dom/fun/yankee_dixie_quiz.htm YANKEE! C