is this some sort of flat worm?

Spooda420

is this some sort of flatworm?

its round, pure white, about 1/10 to 1/8 of an inch long and slightly raised off the rock.

Xanareef

That looks like a peanut worm.

Does it have what looks like a mop at the end that goes in and out?

If it does, then it's a peanut worm.

They eat poop, and left over food.

In my experience they also bother any soft corals they come in contact with, such as zoo's.

HTH,

Alexis

nigle

Oi!

I think it is a peanut worm, it looks like the one that I had identified at RC a few weeks ago.

Supposedly they are very demanding on food, and if you have one that means that you have enough 'extra' food in the tank to keep it alive. Don't worry about the 'extra' food, as a worm it's harmless.

I left my 'example' in a jar for over two week with out circulation and when I thought it was time to 'get rid of it' I noticed that it was still alive so I put it into one of my 7 nano tanks, and it's still alive so they are heartier than most people think.

It's harmless, less so than bristle worms, so let it alone, it's just more 'diversity' in the tank.

Cheers!
nigle
!~!

Spooda420

hmm. interesting. to me they do not move and i have never seen any 'mop' type thing com out of it. there is prolly 500-1000 all over the rocks. they look like seaseme seeds just like that article nikki posted.

NaH2O

Contributing Member
Spooda - I think the "peanut worm" references may be about your frag? Not sure.