Mag 3600

Spooda420

Anyone ever use a Mag 3600 as a pump for a closed loop system?

they say they do 3600 gph at 0' head, thats alot of water movement.

Im re-thinking my set up again, I now have 2 - 30g sumps

Thinking about getting a 100g rubbermaid stock tank running all the eq. in that and setting up a non drilled closed loop type system with 45x the water turn over....

thanks!

BoomerD

If you don't drill, how are you going to get that much water flow to the pump? That's a LOT of water...

jks1

spooda, Im running 2 mag 24's now on my CL. They are tied in to 3 1" inlets, and pump to 4 1" outlets each. The inlets really needed to be 1.5". I had a problem with the pumps fighting with each other and had to alternate them off and on 10 min each. Thankfully I had an aquacontroller that could do this easily.

The other thing I would say about them is they are kinda loud.

Here's a pic of mine:

Spooda420

thinking about mounting the pump above the water line(using it as a inline pump) then pumping it through 2 peices of 1' pvc

Witfull

if it is above water level will it draw the water up on start up? a self priming suction pump?

Spooda420

wowo jks, thats intense.... i dont want to drill tho, how loud is loud? louder than a iwaki 55 or 70? its in a fish room behind closed doors...

Spooda420

Originally posted by Witfull
if it is above water level will it draw the water up on start up? a self priming suction pump?

hmm.... good question prolly not.... but with a little help maybe....

jks1

put it this way, I have a 240g cichlid tank with a 4MDSQ, a 29 reef with an overflow box which = gurgle, and a chiller on the 210g. Even though only one of the MAG 24's is running at any one time it is still the loudest item in my fishtank inventory.. If I had to do it again I would go with AMP pumps..

I dont think it will draw water up, but you could put it on a upside down "U" and let gravity help you out...