Search results

1. R

Coral beauty and snowcasso clownfish pair

My coral beauty and snowcasso clownfish behave as a mated pair, cuddling and swimming together all day long. Has anyone ever heard of this? It's really cute. On the downside, we tried introducing a smaller clownfish to create a true mated pair with our clownfish, and he killed it and went back...
  2. R

Help everything was electrocuted :(

yesterday I had a maxijet go bad on and I believe my entire tank was shocked to death....1130am everything fine in tank, ~1:30pm I came home to find an awful stench in my room and my tank pretty much black. All fish were killed and I was able to salvage 1 Scroll coral. My question is....Is my...
  3. R

48w T5 HO Lighting question

I have a spare Light in my bedroom and was pondering the idea of growing some vegetables or something in a little garden. Would this light work for growing plant life and or what type of bulb would be used? any input is appreciated.....The light is T5 48w dual fixture. Thanks Corey
  4. R

Brooklynella?

I think i might have an outbreak of brooklynella in my tank, my Clark's Clownfish has developed what appears to be white blotches/loss of color during late night and early morning hours(lights off), During the day he stays at the bottom of the tank and breathes rapidly...I have also noticed an...
  5. R

Poccilopora question

How does a poccilopora spread its colony? I have what appears to be tiny polyps coming out of my rock that look identical to the polyps on the poccilopora. The spot of growth is roughly 4 inches away from the poccilopora. I will try and take pics, but it is so small I dont know if i can get a...
  6. R

Skimmer Reviews

Looking to get a new skimmer for christmas and wanted to hear some input from fellow reefers on a HOB skimmer that would work well with my 40g DT. Tank has LPS and SPS... Thanks for your input
  7. R

Purple People Eater's

My LFS just got in a new shipment and I found these while browsing, I have seen these particular Zoa's for sale at other sites for outrageous prices and I managed to purchase the whole frag for $50. What do they look like to you guys?
  8. R

New Ricordea

Three ricordea came on this rock i bought, One is very white. Is this normal for them or is it a different species?:apint:
  9. R

New polyps need some help

These polyps were added 6 days ago and seem to be gettin gradually worse, any idea's on how to nurse them back to health? any tips would be appreciated
  10. R

Live Rock Growth

I have Noticed what appears to be plant life growing out of a piece of live rock that has been in the tank for about a month and a half... any idea's what it might be?
  11. R

New Anemone

I have had my 37 gallon Reef tank up and running for almost the recommended time to add an anemone. Not really sure what kind it is but I was wondering if you guys could take a look at it and tell me what u think...Health, Species? It went through a pretty radical transition from when I first...