Recent content by wickjr

1. W

46 Gallon Bowfront and equipment for sale

Everything but the JBJ Auto Top Off is sold. If anyone wants it I'll part with it for $50. I payed almost $100 and only used it for about a week when I went out of town. Works great for keeping salinity level constant. In Box with all parts and instructions.
  2. W

I'd be willing to take less then $300 for the whole set up. I really need to get rid of it. The wife has big plans for the space it taking up, and putting it out in the garage is a recipe for disaster. I'd hate to see it get broken or anything out there. Just PM me an offer on all or part of the...
  3. W

Here are some pics of my tank, Corallife protein skimmer(65) and T5 HO lights. There are a total of 6 36", 39 watt bulbs in 3 fixtures total. That 234 watts. The bulbs are old and will need to be replaced. The tank right now is being used for a few freshwater fish my kids have, but will soon be...
  4. W

I hate to do it, but I have no time to keep up with a reef anymore, so I gave away all my stock and now am going to sell my tank and equipment. Thanks to all here on RS that have helped me in the past. This is a great community of super knowledgable reef keepers. I hope to one day soon be able...
  5. W

Selling off my reef

Look at my Photo Gallery.. Sorry, they are from a year ago. I am trying to get some new pics, but they keep coming out blurry. My old digital camera took much better pics of the tank. If I get it to work I'll post new ones. The Ricordia has actually split to two seperate 2" or 3" corals, but...
  6. W

Selling off my reef

I am officially getting out of the reefkeeping hobby, for now anyway. Time restraints have kept me from devoting the time and attention needed to keep a reef. I have two Ocelaris Clowns, each about a year old. I would like to sell them as a pair if possible. Also, I have a Green Nepthea coral, a...
  7. W

My zoanthids are gone!!??

They are definitely peps. Two are very pink, one a little more clear with a pink tint. All have the straight stripes down the length of the body and red tails. I would post a pic but my digital camera is not working right. I'll have my new one soon and will post some. I have never seen the peps...
  8. W

I watched the remaining polyps last night as much as I could. I didn't see anything. Another one is gone this morning though. From the description of the Sundial Snail, it seems the polyps would not disappear completely but die off after being eaten from the inside through a hole in the base...
  9. W

Yes, they are gone. I have three total polyps remaining, but not even a stump or anything of the others. Really dissapointing too, they were doing so well. Looks like I'll be up late this weekend. I have been watching as much as I can, but work has been brutal the last few months and sleep is at...
  10. W

I have had two colonys of zooanthids for about 6 months now that were thriving and spreading at a pretty good rate. Then it seemed like a the polyp numbers began declining just one or two at a time. Then seemingly overnight, the rest, save about 3 total polyps, are gone. I have an ocellaris...
  11. W

What does "Reef-Safe" mean

I've been away for a little while. Funny this topic should re-emerge now. Over the last month or so I have been thinking my Zooanthids seeming to reduce in polyp numbers. Then within a week, all but a few polyps have disapeared. Obviously they were eaten by something. There is no trace of them...
  12. W

Purple Algae?

Makes sense. I guess I misunderstood. I don't dose iodine anyway, and I have noticed my peppermint shrimp molt once in the last 5 or 6 months I've had them. Even with the lack of iodine supplementation, I have no shortage of coralline.
  13. W

Purple Algae?

Is this true??? I thought molting is a natural part of the lives of inverts like shrimp. How does this shorten their life span?
  14. W

Purple Algae?

Water flow plays a huge part in the kind of algae that grows. If there is not enough water flow or a lot of dead spots in the tank, nuissance algaes like hair and slime will go crazy. The waste in a tank builds up on the bottom and the rocks in still areas of the tank and the nitrates and...
  15. W

War in Iraq? More like war on gas!

$2.89-$3.05, depending on which side of the river. I live near Cincinnati and gas prices around here seem to change by 10 cents a day one direction or another. There are a lot of reasons and theories for the rise in price or when it will come down, but consider this. You sell a product for $1.25...