Recent content by tkjeffrey

1. tkjeffrey

my 55 then and now

You dont even wanna know how much I have invested in that 55, but to tell ya the truth half the corals in there are frags from the orginal that I bought about 8 months ago.
  2. tkjeffrey

my 55 then and now

now, one year later here was from last week
  3. tkjeffrey

my 55 then and now

Here are two pics. One is at startup of the tank and the other is from last week. Just about exactly one year old. Tell me what ya think.
  4. tkjeffrey

Lighting --250w DE ~VS.~ 400w DE

You should like the look. Sweet, I am very jealous.
  5. tkjeffrey

please help

Hey guys Milo the cat here. All I have to say is "Cant you make this chair higher you putz???" Arrrggghhh...the putz is coming , gotta go, later Milo"The Fishcat" Jeffrey
  6. tkjeffrey

FIRE!!! Yikes!!!

I do electrical and electronice work for a liveing on the railroad and pretty much everything I work on is exposed to the elements. What I have found to really help before wrapping your connections with tape put some ScotchKote on it first. Could find at an electrical sales place. Be careful...
  7. tkjeffrey

Something is eating my Xenia

I have a yellow tang that loves to pick at my colt coral. If that helps any :( Hope you find the culprit
  8. tkjeffrey

Our 90 Gallon Reef (Hardware Only)

Very nice!! Great tank. I am sumpless so I am jealous. BTW does the heat from your ballast keep your flake food warm? Just wondering since I keep mine in the fridge, wondering if I am doing something wrong.
  9. tkjeffrey

September Photo Contest: You win it, I'll mount it!

zoa's HAD to post one after the guy from Montana :)
  10. tkjeffrey

Clicking Noises in my tank

bet its a pistol, I have one in my tank that hitchiked in.
  11. tkjeffrey

MACNA speaker session. Very disappointed!!

Hey witfull, I agree with what you said...I would love to go but dont have the money :( In your signature you have "send me frags" the first thing I though of is fragmentary grenades...geeesh...dang jarhead mentality :)
  12. tkjeffrey

Feeding cleaner shrimp

Thanks!! You will learn to evaluate the "hungriness" of your shrimp. Most of the time they get enough stuff from leftovers and your live rock. Some times I hand feed my cleaner shrimp. They are also really good at cleaning underneath your fingernails :)
  13. tkjeffrey

Feeding cleaner shrimp

i noticed your tank size I noticed you have a 50 too. Here is a pic of mine after about one year.
  14. tkjeffrey

Feeding cleaner shrimp

Yup me too, never feed them, One of them actually learned to swim up to surface upside down and grap flake food floating on the surface.
  15. some of my zoa's

some of my zoa's