Feeding cleaner shrimp

Craig Manoukian

I never "feed" my Red Skunk Cleaners. They get all they need when I feed frozen mysis to the whole crew. Any snail or crab mortalities are also on their menu and mine do very well, regular molting once per month, without any special consideration.:D

tkjeffrey

Yup me too, never feed them, One of them actually learned to swim up to surface upside down and grap flake food floating on the surface.

tkjeffrey

Thanks!! You will learn to evaluate the "hungriness" of your shrimp. Most of the time they get enough stuff from leftovers and your live rock. Some times I hand feed my cleaner shrimp. They are also really good at cleaning underneath your fingernails :)

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Mine don't like fingernails, they try to pull mine off! They also like to pull hairs off my arm while I'm working, and see how big of a whole they can dig in my skin before I freak. I figured out that if I put one of those aquacear powerhead prefilters in the tank with a cube of mysis they leave me alone and try to get the mysis instead, or I just make my hand like a claw and chase em around for a while so they are scared of me until they forget then the cycle starts again.

For feeding, mine go after flake frozen or whatever they can find on the rock.