Recent content by spanglish

1. spanglish

Bleached Corals... update, pics, and still need help!

Wow, It's been years since I've posted on here. I'd forgotten my tag. Classy!
  2. spanglish

Bleached Corals... update, pics, and still need help!

I definitely think new bulbs is the next step. robert
  3. spanglish

Gorilla Crab vs. Fish

Recently added a wrasse and starry blenny to a tank with a "silver dollar sized" crab ( I've been trying to trap for weeks). Seeing evidence of severed claws has me wondering if either of these fish could have done it.
  4. spanglish

Mushroom Question with Pic

I agree about gradually increasing to 1.025 - 1.026. You can do that by adding salt water instead of fresh to make up evaporation. (or even half salt water, half fresh) The key is to do it slowly.
  5. spanglish

Craig's grandkids

Only problem is that just like kittens, they grow up.
  6. spanglish

Ugly house guest...

Re: One ugly house guest... I may never eat sausage again!:barf:
  7. spanglish

Specific Gravity Creeps Up ????

C'mon! Really?? I think if you do the math, the amount of impact on salinity in a 65 gal tank caused by daily topoff is a proverbial drop in the bucket. My 90g w/30g sump has shown no problems with topping off as much as 4 gallons at a pop. Yes, I should top off more regularly, but...
  8. spanglish

Anemone?

Yeah, kill/ remove it or they will be everywhere. They are the grassburr of reeefing
  9. spanglish

New Livestock for New Nano

This fellow, and a semi tank shot
  10. spanglish

It is now! It did not come with it, but I got right to work stocking it when I got it last Monday.
  11. spanglish

Oh, and some new blastos!
  12. spanglish

Here are a couple of pics of some new goodies I got for my new aquapod! I'm trying some new types of corals not found in my 90g. (except for blastos which go with everything!) This is a "blueberry " gorgonian (or that's what the LFS called it). It is supposed to be photosynthetic...
  13. spanglish

Would You Give Away Cheato?

Hey Al, I've enjoyed reading your posts for a long time. Are you "the" Big Al that I see ads for aquarium related products from? That was poorly written. I think I remember that you are in the business. Is your business called "Big Al's"?:invisible
  14. spanglish

Would You Give Away Cheato?

Hey, I'm getting overrun with chaeto. How much (what size baggie) is worth $5.00? I have a couple of nanos that I frag stuff in that I just let chaeto float in (kindof a fuge within the tank) and it doubles in size every week.
  15. spanglish

empty snail shells

I have snail murdering peppermint shrimp. I have to keep them to keep my aiptasia down, so I have empty shells all over.