Anemone?

MFSullivan

I have no clue what this is. It extends about one inch up and the top is about 3/4" in diameter. It came in on a cluster of candy cane, and I thought it was just a single polyp. Until I noticed it moved a few inches on its own.

I target fed it brine and it grabbed it quickly. Any ideas?

dsc_1280.jpg

another

dsc_1283.jpg

lcstorc

So you can look it up to get a certain ID the M word is manjano anemone. They are a pest anemone that spreads very easily and quickly and should be removed.

Wolfgang8810

i agree with well everyone lol Its a manjo. Why oh why are the pretty hitchhikers bad :'( they are so pretty the manjos the mantis shrimp. Bah humbug is there such thing as a tank that only incorporates the "bad" things like a manjo anemone mantis shrimp tank lol.

Mark

lcstorc

Why not.
It's your tank and if that's what you want then go for it. It would certainly be interresting. We coule all ship your our bad HH as well.

Octoman

Why oh why are the pretty hitchhikers bad :'( they are so pretty the manjos the mantis shrimp.

They multiply like wet gremlins, they sting and kill mushrooms and other corals, they eat up all of your fish food that floats by them. I've been fighting this batch here for a couple months now and I haven't gained any ground.

Majano outbreak at epidemic proportions in a 150...

clown.jpg

Almost all the green is majano...
SchoolFTS.jpg

Octoman

4 months between the photos. The first one is right after I took over the tank. I think they were always in there, but they were hiding. The person that donated the tank donated some Joe's Juice along with it...

Before:
Tankpictures092.jpg

After:
SchoolFTS.jpg