Recent content by LPSLuver

1. LPSLuver

Joining the ranks of the unemployed

Terry...I was profoundly sad at the news of your layoff then very happy at the turn of events. Hope all continues to go well for you!:dance:
  2. LPSLuver

Replacing Circulation Pumps Again

Exactly what I surmised. I've believed for many years that hobbyist PO4 test kits are of little use because of these types of misleading results. I also believe that if you have measurable PO4 and algea issues the issue is "worse" than the kit may indicate.
  3. LPSLuver

2100gph in a Red Sea Max would be way out of control and far too much flow from one pump. I've used that mod kit in my other tank and was not impressed. They were loud and vibrated. They no longer worked well on the Red Sea Wave maker. Other people have had success with them but I am not one...
  4. LPSLuver

In an effort to increase my DT turnover rate for increased tank health (detritus removal) I am replacing my MJ1200, which replaced the 2 stock pumps, with 2 Eheim Compact 1000's. They have up to 265 gph flow (adjustable) and look as if they will fit (I hope). They are pretty heavy pumps so...
  5. LPSLuver

RSM (Red Sea Max) Owners Club

Arreola...here is some good background reading for you on this fish. Pay particular attention to the stuff about selecting a healthy specimen...C. loricula Mack...isn't it nice to be able to say Air, Water & Ice :nekid: :yup:
  6. LPSLuver

Setting up my RSM Refugium

Yep. Thats what I did and it got rid of the burping. But that wasn't good enough for me. I bought an Aquasilencer from Champion Lighting and a 1 inch to 3/4 in reducing bushing and plugged the sucka in. Made myself an air silencer (pill bottle drilled on both ends with tubing in one side...
  7. LPSLuver

Jeff provides instructions with his overflow. It describes using/inserting tubing into the over flow to the sump to allow the air to escape. Try it, it works well.
  8. LPSLuver

Stock my RSM (reef safe fish)

I have a: Mystery Wrasse a black sailfin blennie a white/yellowtail pygmy angel a long nose hawk a shrimp goby a mated pair of Clarkii Clowns in a RBTA Prolly overstocked but I have a 19 gallon fuge and the water parameters are spot on:thumbup:
  9. LPSLuver

Popeye Disease

I've had success in the past treating fish with Popeye, in the display tank, with Epsom Salt. I do not recall the dose regimen but you can look it up on Wetwebmedia.com. ES is the same thing used to dose magnesium. It worked on several occasions for me. Good luck!:fingerx:
  10. LPSLuver

Cyano outbreaks in the RSM?

I am not aware of a rule of thumb but slower is better than faster if you have a protein skimmer and other types of filtration. It increases contact time and therefore increases the efficiency. If I remember the number I've read correctly it is between 300 and 400 gph. (I just researched...
  11. LPSLuver

I was speaking of "technically". The purest water needs to be used for DNA replication (DNA analysis). A technology called PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) takes bits of DNA, splits it and then creates the matching opposite side, thus generating strands of DNA (`tis what they used in "Jurassic...
  12. LPSLuver

Technically speaking there is no way to get purer water than through an RO/DI system. Distilled water is good...better than "purified water" or DI water but the best bet is RO/DI. Brycek...you need to increase the turnover rate in your display tank to at least 20X to have good enough...
  13. LPSLuver

RSM (Red Sea Max) Owners Club

Arreola...I hope you don't wind up regretting the Sleeper Banded Gogy (AKA Bullet Goby). They are one of the best sand sifters available, but they are really messy. They are hover gobies. They grab mouthfuls of substrate and sift through it while hovering above the bottom of the tank. They...
  14. LPSLuver

The advantage to the method is it provides flexibility to change things once in place. The corner issue is resolve by cutting three exact pieces and either over-cutting the bottom piece and resting the side pieces on it or over cutting the sides and butting them up against the bottom piece. Do...
  15. LPSLuver

Have you considered this baffles An alternative to silicone. It works pretty well if you cut the parts appropriately.