Recent content by kevinalewis729

1. K

Kevin's Red Sea max 250.

Sorry been a while since I've been on here. Yes I did go get the 1/2 lock line and it's working fine for me. Still haven't got the media rack or led strip. Will be looking at suggestions above here in a little bit. Glad I got back on here. Everyone's so helpful.I wish I could post pics below my...
  2. K

easiest/best ato for rsm250

Going to get an ato unit today and want to know what's best to use. It's my first run with ato and want it to install and work flawless. Not to mention I don't want to flood my wood floors. Thanks guys.
  3. K

Kevin's Red Sea max 250.

One more quick question before I forget. Is there a cheaper alternative to the in tank media shelf? Anyone have the blueprints to diy?
  4. K

Kevin's Red Sea max 250.

Does anyone use led strip for added pop or shimmer? Mabe even better night viewing? If so what do you use? Is it too bright to run after t5 goes out for the fish to rest? I did get a digitata, welso, lobo, some PPE, RPE, and a few other frags this weekend. I'll get a ato for my birthday this...
  5. K

Noisy RSM 250 skimmer pump.........

Does anyone use led strip for added pop or shimmer? Mabe even better night viewing? If so what do you use? Is it too bright to run after t5 goes out for the fish to rest? I did get a digitata, welso, lobo, some PPE, RPE, and a few other frags this weekend. I'll get a ato for my birthday this...
  6. K

Kevin's Red Sea max 250.

So I got the lock line parts today and assembled them. After sticking in my tank I now know why I should have reduced to 1/2" The flow is really low coming from the flare nozzles. I shouldn't have let them talk me into the 3/4" They probably didn't know and neither did I. I will be returning...
  7. K

Kevin's Red Sea max 250.

I'm using my gs5 for this forum. Does everyone use an app that works well to access reef santuary? I don't like tapatalk.
  8. K

Kevin's Red Sea max 250.

Thanks for parts list. I'll give that to the store Saturday to get started. I'm also wanting to replace the stock hood fans. There starting to get loud and annoying. What's the best fans that fit the hood that I can get? Also can I post pics of my tank on here yet?
  9. K

Kevin's Red Sea max 250.

If I get lock line what size should I get and how does it adapt to what I already have. ?
  10. K

Second hand RSM250

Do u want to get rid of the media rack
  11. K

Kevin's Red Sea max 250.

Also what's everyone's opinion on the spin streams? Are they used on both pumps too? What would I need to buy ad far as adapters to make them work? Has anyone added any led strip to the t5 hook for more light and shimmer? I'd like to increase my night lights. I like the led that are already...
  12. K

Kevin's Red Sea max 250.

So if I want to go with loc line what would I need to get? Size, adapters, ect? Do u put these on both pumps? What do u guys think about me putting the jaebo on the back right side middle ways down ? This would direct water behind the rock. Or should I leave it where it is and add larger...
  13. K

Kevin's Red Sea max 250.

Ok my tank on the left side has no sand. The additional power head has pulled or pushed the sand from that corner. I've got it middle ways down on the right side of tank and facing upwards. I've got to play with the 2 nozzles on back of tank and get them adjusted for best flow. I've also...
  14. K

Kevin's Red Sea max 250.

I'm new to using forums and this is my first time posting anything. I'm excited to meet all of you and hope we can help each other in this hobby. This is my second reef tank and I love it. I'm located in Indianapolis indiana and will be joining the indmas club at the end of this month. For now...
  15. K

new to forums. rsm250 owner from Indpls in.

Found this forum while searching for mods and other upgrades for my rsm250. Looking forward to meeting people that can help me with some of my questions and possible starting a tank thread.