Kevin's Red Sea max 250.

kevinalewis729

I'm new to using forums and this is my first time posting anything. I'm excited to meet all of you and hope we can help each other in this hobby. This is my second reef tank and I love it. I'm located in Indianapolis indiana and will be joining the indmas club at the end of this month. For now make some of you can help me with how to search for some questions that I'm going to be asking so this isn't a repeat for all of you. I just finished my weekly water change tonight and will post more tomorrow. Ask anything you want so I'll have more to post and answer on here. I did install an additional power head this evening as I wasn't happy with my current flow. I'm still having issues setting it up and positioning it. It's a jaebo 25. I wish I had bought the smaller power head cause this things a beast. I have a mixed reef and wanted more flow for my sps. Well everyone good night and have a wonderful Monday.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and the RSM Club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Cheers for starting a new tank thread so we can follow along - we love pics :) (after 5 post on RS, you can add pics)

kevinalewis729

Ok my tank on the left side has no sand. The additional power head has pulled or pushed the sand from that corner. I've got it middle ways down on the right side of tank and facing upwards. I've got to play with the 2 nozzles on back of tank and get them adjusted for best flow. I've also finished adding the last 2 new bulbs. My tank now is a lot bluer than before which I think looks nice. I've only got a few sponges in the back chamber of tank to help as a filter. Below the sponges I've added a bag of cp and carbon. I would like to get a media rack but at 100$ it's a little expensive for me right now. How does everyone filter their tanks for best water clarity? I removed the sponges that set around the pumps. I've also got a hydor slim skim which I can't get working. I think my problems I can't keep the water level at the same height in the back of the tank for it to work right. Mabel this will be my next tank project cause I'd like to have the skimmer up and . I would also like to have a sump and fuge in the future. Just don't know what my options are to fit in the cabnet.

Mark9

Has been struck by the ban stick
Welcome.
Do you have an ATO?
You won't regret getting one, helps to keep the level stable for the skimmer.
I gave up trying to adjust the nozzles and instead added loc-line to split the output and direct it better.
The media rack makes things easier.
I run 2 chemi-pure elite and one purigen in it.

Danreef

What he said :) Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 love it

No need to pay $200+ for the big brother ATO. I have been using the TUNZE NANO OSMOLATOR for 1 month and the level is perfect and will cost you $100+ .

Your decision now

Daniel

Mark9

No need to pay $200+ for the big brother ATO. I have been using the TUNZE NANO OSMOLATOR for 1 month and the level is perfect and will cost you $100+ .
Your decision now
Daniel

I like having the alarm and the visual water level controller.
I'm turning it off often (water changes, coral feeding, etc), but with the controller, it's an easy glance to see the green light.
3155 is better.

NJ Reefer

PREMIUM
I initially added one MP10 and was having the same issue as you with the sand. I have subsequently added a second MP10 on the opposite side. I believe this, as well as the addition of Spin-streams on the nozzles stopped the sand storms in my tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevinalewis729

So if I want to go with loc line what would I need to get? Size, adapters, ect? Do u put these on both pumps? What do u guys think about me putting the jaebo on the back right side middle ways down ? This would direct water behind the rock. Or should I leave it where it is and add larger substrate to the top of my sand. Hopefully I can post pics soon so I can show u guys my tank and what I'm talking about.

kevinalewis729

Also what's everyone's opinion on the spin streams? Are they used on both pumps too? What would I need to buy ad far as adapters to make them work? Has anyone added any led strip to the t5 hook for more light and shimmer? I'd like to increase my night lights. I like the led that are already installed just wish they were a little brighter.

Mark9

If I get lock line what size should I get and how does it adapt to what I already have. ?

Here's my BRS order.
I split the hose, put 3 on each side.
You have to pop off the stock nozzle and pop on the reducer.
Tight fit, but it does go on.
I had to dip things in hot water first to make it easier.
The reducer will fit on the left (large pump) outlet.
I had a spare, which I put on my right outlet as well.
locline_zps8441e727.jpg

This picture shows them.
This mod stopped all sand storms and shifting of sand.
And, i can easily direct the flow where I want it.
ll_zpsa5fbd337.jpg

kevinalewis729

Thanks for parts list. I'll give that to the store Saturday to get started. I'm also wanting to replace the stock hood fans. There starting to get loud and annoying. What's the best fans that fit the hood that I can get? Also can I post pics of my tank on here yet?

Mark9

You can use photo bucket for pictures or upload them to your album and link them that way.
There are many threads explaining it, just do a search.