Kevin's Red Sea max 250.

kevinalewis729

So I got the lock line parts today and assembled them. After sticking in my tank I now know why I should have reduced to 1/2" The flow is really low coming from the flare nozzles. I shouldn't have let them talk me into the 3/4" They probably didn't know and neither did I. I will be returning next week for the half inch. This will give me a stronger flow, right?

kevinalewis729

Does anyone use led strip for added pop or shimmer? Mabe even better night viewing? If so what do you use? Is it too bright to run after t5 goes out for the fish to rest? I did get a digitata, welso, lobo, some PPE, RPE, and a few other frags this weekend. I'll get a ato for my birthday this month. I'm excited about that cause I'll be able to run my protein skimmer. I've got a hydor slim skim. It fits in the back overflow pretty good. Good night everyone and happy reefing

kevinalewis729

One more quick question before I forget. Is there a cheaper alternative to the in tank media shelf? Anyone have the blueprints to diy?

Mark9

Has been struck by the ban stick
Is there a cheaper alternative to the in tank media shelf?
Not that I know of, but I did get 2 Swedish fish with mine, made it all worthwhile.

Anyone have the blueprints to diy?
Again, no.

96 bucks and you get it in 2 days.
Made things so much easier than that stock stupid shelf that kept falling in, and the floating Perigen getting stuck in the chamber.
I did not regret buying the media rack one bit.

And you will love having an ATO.
I suggest the Tunze 3155, having the level controller and being able to easily see if the level is ok again makes my reef life easier.

NJ Reefer

PREMIUM
Does anyone use led strip for added pop or shimmer? Mabe even better night viewing? If so what do you use? Is it too bright to run after t5 goes out for the fish to rest? I did get a digitata, welso, lobo, some PPE, RPE, and a few other frags this weekend. I'll get a ato for my birthday this month. I'm excited about that cause I'll be able to run my protein skimmer. I've got a hydor slim skim. It fits in the back overflow pretty good. Good night everyone and happy reefing

I did add Steve's advanced LED. Very inexpensive and added just the right amount of light. I leave it on while the T5s are on and two hours on either side. A link to my install is below:

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1229708

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oxylebius

There is a great example of someone on this forum who added super thin blue LEDs in his rsm250 to highlight night viewing, he added a couple TrueLumen actic led strips. Just double sided tape to the reflectorpan--theres about in inch of space in between each bulb u can place the strips. Works amazingly. You can check it out here: http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...8-anyone-try-stunner-strip-stock-t5-hood.html

Mark9

Has been struck by the ban stick
So I got the lock line parts today and assembled them. After sticking in my tank I now know why I should have reduced to 1/2" The flow is really low coming from the flare nozzles. I shouldn't have let them talk me into the 3/4" They probably didn't know and neither did I. I will be returning next week for the half inch. This will give me a stronger flow, right?

Did you get the loc-line installed?

kevinalewis729

Sorry been a while since I've been on here. Yes I did go get the 1/2 lock line and it's working fine for me. Still haven't got the media rack or led strip. Will be looking at suggestions above here in a little bit. Glad I got back on here. Everyone's so helpful.I wish I could post pics below my comments straight from my gs5.