Recent content by jski711

1. J

skimz sm201 FS

$325 shipped! Or local pickup in northwest burbs of Chicago.
  2. J

skimz sm201 FS

Holiday special $350 shipped!
  3. J

skimz sm201 FS

Monday bump!
  4. J

skimz sm201 FS

I'm breaking down my tank and need to sell. A few months old and skims like crazy. $350 plus shipping. Located in northwest suburbs of Chicago.
  5. J

Mandarin Diner

Sounds like a good idea however it won't keep nassarius snails out but the crabs shouldn't be able to get in. Good luck. Here is a link to my thread about training a mandarin. Hth. http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/saltwater-fish/36506-training-your-dragonette-onto-frozen-foods.html
  6. J

Hello from Illinois

Welcome to the addiction. Where in Illinois are ya. I'm in the northwest suburbs of Chicago.
  7. J

Haddoni withdrawn under the sand

Nitrates seem a little on the high side imo. Also what's magnesium.
  8. J

Six line wrasse question

You might have problems with the six line attacking fish though. They can be mean sobs!
  9. J

How to increase my pod population

Dosing phyto will help your pods but can be easily overdosed.
  10. J

Skimmer Choice

I just picked up a skimz sm 201 it should fit in your sump its 9.5X9.5 these things are built like tanks and for the price I haven't seen anything close imo. A buddy of mine has a $2500 bubble king and a $1200 skimz and he said his skimz is running just about as well as his bubble king and at...
  11. J

Ok to add Mystery wrasse?

6 lines can be wicked mean. I had one almost kill a male clownfish.
  12. J

Ballast?

I would say you should be ok but don't quote me. A difference of 2 watts is not much at all.
  13. J

Ok to add Mystery wrasse?

You should be fine. I doubt that the wrasse would go after your shrimp. At 50$ that's a steal.
  14. J

Mixed Clown Breeding?

Probably not much you can do. Babies very sensitive to changes in water chemistry so dropping them into a tank that only had 50% of their original water probably shocked them.
  15. J

do nitrites effect shrimp?

Nitrates affect everything to varying degrees.