Recent content by JP 1230

1. JP 1230

Dosing help please!!!

Oh man. Many years ago I battled this scenario. With all correction attempts....I ended up throwing the system further out of whack in the long run. This is a very helpful guide to the science of what your dealing with: http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2002/11/chemistry Good luck!
  2. JP 1230

Sexy Anemone Shrimp, Barnacles, Catalina & Xenia

I put together another lil' video clip.... I dig barnacles! Has anyone out there ever had success breeding Sexy Anemone Shrimp?? I've still got a lot more interesting macro-shots to sort through - and I keep capturing more. Still more to come! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJJXF-ICzPU
  3. JP 1230

Macro Lapse - Pods, Worms, Snails and a Crab

It's getting even more fun.... more to come!
  4. JP 1230

Macro Lapse - Pods, Worms, Snails and a Crab

I've played around with amateur equipment on my own computer for quite some time now. With the increase of technology comes the affordability of pretty amazing capabilities. After making this video and the last.... The ideas for the next video seem to multiply. Now I just need more-better...
  5. JP 1230

Time-Lapse Footage with Some Macro Shots

There will be more! I'm enjoying playing with the super ZOOOOOM.
  6. JP 1230

Time-Lapse Footage with Some Macro Shots

So I got bored one day and decided to order some macro lenses for my video camera. What a cool way to watch pods! Anyways.... I wanted to share the first upload resulting from that boredom. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7XviAruSpo
  7. JP 1230

To Sterilize or NOT to Sterilize?

Thanks everyone! I've always had a thought in the back of my mind (when listening to people who swear by them) that the added water clarity with UV in a reef system wasn't always necessarily a great thing. I've had over 10 years of mostly success with never using one....so why start now...
  8. JP 1230

To Sterilize or NOT to Sterilize?

It seems that from the research I've done..... and from all past experience - I'm left hanging on the fence about UV Sterilization..... I know that bulb wattage and flow rate are key factors in the sterilization or polishing process. I know I have (and have seen plenty of others) have great...
  9. JP 1230

Flower Pot Time Lapse

Whoa.... Somehow a few years have gone by! I found my computer.... and that the year is now 2014. I used Adobe Premier-Pro Elements....and that was 5-6 hours ish' if I remember correctly. Yes - Flowerpots are VERY hard to keep alive for more than a a couple years (from my experience). This...
  10. JP 1230

Flower Pot Time Lapse

Testing out some new software.... had some fun with this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt5q4s6xW5s&hd=1
  11. JP 1230

He's Suddenly Spastic??

Hey everyone.... I've recently regained the ability to get back into this reef keeping hobby.... and just encountered something i have not experienced before... I've got a 12g Nano that is now 5 years old. The tank spent much of the last 2 somewhat neglected (with work and moving across...
  12. JP 1230

Removing the weeds?

Thanks for the suggestions..... I'll send you takers a message once I have the shipping necesseties in place.
  13. JP 1230

Removing the weeds?

I will be able to gather some shipping supplies over the next several days... and will be happy to ship what I have that is ship-able; however, what I'm really trying to get rid of is imbedded within the crevaces of my large rocks. Dangit.
  14. JP 1230

Removing the weeds?

Heres some pics... I'm bummed that they're taking over my green zoa rock...
  15. JP 1230

Removing the weeds?

I would feel bad starting someone off on track to have the same problem that I am. I kind of feel like that would be like blowing dandelions into somones fresh lawn and charging them for it. I've got plenty of mushrooms on little pieces of rubble, and then some, and some more. These are even...