Flower Pot Time Lapse

JP 1230

Testing out some new software.... had some fun with this...

[video=youtube;Gt5q4s6xW5s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt5q4s6xW5s&hd=1[/video]

JP 1230

Whoa.... Somehow a few years have gone by! I found my computer.... and that the year is now 2014.
I used Adobe Premier-Pro Elements....and that was 5-6 hours ish' if I remember correctly.

Yes - Flowerpots are VERY hard to keep alive for more than a a couple years (from my experience). This poor guy ended up dying a slow death..... and I've watched several others in very healthy systems do the same. All while water parameters test ideal. A strange specie i'll be leaving in the ocean from now on....or until I learn a lot more.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
JP the only one I've seen first hand live longer than a couple of years was in a system at a LFS not far from here that was set up just for the needs of the Flower Pot. He was running 2 HUGE skimmers and he fed heavily every day. He fed "Filter Food" as well as pellets and some frozen goodies.

After 2 years his were stunningly huge and vibrant but as stated he set up a system specifically so he could feed heavy without causing other problems down the line. My take is they are naturally found in waters slightly more "food heavy" than many corals and our pristine tanks just literally starve them to death slowly over many many months.