Recent content by ieatcoral

1. ieatcoral

Protein Skimmer - Air Valve question

thanks i will try that
  2. ieatcoral

Protein Skimmer - Air Valve question

I am new to using a protein skimmer and was wondering if its better to have the air valve closed or open. When i took off the cap it seemed to be more action going on. lol obviously im new at this
  3. ieatcoral

What is a good replacement for bio-balls?

so instead of the bio balls , add live rock too and i should use a sand bed?. can I also add macro algae?
  4. 122808_1856_00_

122808_1856_00_

5. ieatcoral

EcoSystem Hang on Back Wet/Dry System w fuge

Thanks for the info. What do you think the best macro algea is? I hear cheato is good, any ideas
  6. ieatcoral

EcoSystem Hang on Back Wet/Dry System w fuge

Hey all, I have a 20 gal reef set up and have basic filtration right now with a skimmer. I saw this product on dr f&s's site EcoSystem Hang on Back Wet/Dry System thats comes with a fuge and lighting for it. It seems like this would be a perfect fit however i am still pretty new and have...
  7. ieatcoral

90 gallon oceanic tech tank for sale

i live in wheeling. where do you live by?
  8. ieatcoral

UV Sterilizer (green killing machine)

awesome to hear. I had a bad case of ick and it seems it hasnt gone away after killing all my fish, then i waited 45 days like suggested, and still did the same..i just bought it and hoping this will aid
  9. ieatcoral

UV Sterilizer (green killing machine)

I was looking for a way to help stop algea growth and came up on some info(not much) on uv sterilizers. Would this be a worth investment? I read the articles on their home page but I would like general "real" feedback. Thanks reefers!
  10. ieatcoral

Chaeto Farming

where can you buy chaeto? lfs?
  11. ieatcoral

14g biocube

do you have any testing equipment for nitrates, amonia ect..?
  12. ieatcoral

ick and corals

make sense thanks!
  13. ieatcoral

ick and corals

will my medication in the tank harm them?
  14. ieatcoral

ick and corals

Well it happened to me again. I had ick a couple months ago. I was told ick will last upto 45 days for marine ick. Well I think i couldnt wait and lasted till day 39..40...anyways I medicated the tank (20 gal) when i had it the first time, did a 50% water change and so on..lost all my...
  15. ieatcoral

T5, MH, VHO, PC, or Other? which lighting do you use ?

i use t5 ho's and have seen some nice results. it depends on what you want. hard corals definitely halides. though i love my t5's and they work perfect for me for my soft corals