Recent content by Chris Taylor

1. Chris Taylor

Red Sea Max LED Conversions

Looks good! Tested it yet?
  2. Chris Taylor

Ecotech Radion's Ordered ( for RSM 250)

Thanks anyway don't seem to be able to get it right. Oddly my browser won't allow me to see other's pictures lately either so my own may be working but I wouldn't know it...
  3. Chris Taylor

As you can see, having fun trying but not much luck succeeding..
  4. Chris Taylor

Hi Al I've battled for sometime with adding pictures here. I can either add you to my drop box (you'll need to PM me your email addres) or I can email pix directly to your email address. Hope this helps. Chris
  5. Chris Taylor

Of interest to those who were concerned about Ecotech's earlier stance on mounting the light in a RSM 250, they asked for pictures of the mounting arrangement and came back with: "the mounting location is ideal for the Radion lighting". The lights are effectively mounted inside a tunnel with...
  6. Chris Taylor

Thanks, the light that's blown is a replacement for one of the original two that I bought. One of them failing a couple of months ago that was replaced pretty swiftly by the vendor. The friend of mine in Dubai who purchased his at the same time is having similar issues with a few of his...
  7. Chris Taylor

Hi Corey I'm not ignoring your post, one of my lights failed (it was a replacement from a previous failure). I'm trying to sort it out with Ecotech at the moment but communication between us is a little slow. The tanks currently operating on one light. As soon as I have it sorted I'll let...
  8. Chris Taylor

help before I order LEDs

Don't know for your specific mix but I tend to use medium reds and strong blues at sunrise and sunset with very little green. During daylight hours there's a fair mix of everything. Everything being 2 x (8 Actinics, 10 Royal Blue, 8 Cool White, 4 Green and 4 Red). All but the Cool White are 3W...
  9. Chris Taylor

PM me with your email address and I'll add you to my drop box from a lighting conversion I did.
  10. Chris Taylor

New led ordered

Looks pretty neat. Thanks for sharing. Are you happy with the light? and how does it compare with the original? I do like the distribution of the LED's across the heatsink, it must give a fairly even distribution across the tank?
  11. Chris Taylor

New led ordered

Looking forward to some pix
  12. Chris Taylor

Looking at the width and depth, pretty much the same. There's plenty of space left on the length, so this wouldn't appear to be an issue. Still interested to see someone squeeze one in as a comparison. The cover on the 250's pretty water tight and there's been absolutely no ingress to the...