help before I order LEDs

AussieRSM

Hi guys, looking at retro fitting LEDS into my RSM130. Im looking at getting a aquastyle 36 Dimmable but changing the colours to be 15RB 15W(10000k) 2red 2 green and not to sure if i should put 2 uv or 2 actinic violet in the mix? I will be running a typhoon controller with whites on 1 channel, blues on one channel and the others on one channel.

Whats peoples thoughts??

Cheers
Lachie

reefermagic

Sounds good, You should look into rapidLED.com, I just converted my rsm250 to LED. Not sure you will need 36, I put 36 into mine and at 50% they are brighter than 6 T5's, and I got perfect coverage.

Don't know for your specific mix but I tend to use medium reds and strong blues at sunrise and sunset with very little green. During daylight hours there's a fair mix of everything. Everything being 2 x (8 Actinics, 10 Royal Blue, 8 Cool White, 4 Green and 4 Red). All but the Cool White are 3W with the white's being 5W.

Tru2nr

Do your research on the LED pn to ensure they are truly 10k last datasheet i checked CREE does not offer one that maxes out at 10k they're usually max around 8 which if thats the case your spectrum could be off leaning to much on spectrum that fuels algae growth if nutrients are present

...my names Donnie and I like bishkits