New led ordered

reefermagic

Just ordered a 36 ultra premium retro kit and a couple heatsinks from Rapidled for the LED upgrade for my rsm 250. Cant wait, it will be awesome!!!!

reefermagic

Thanks, I'm looking forward to the build also, it's a little intimidating but it'll be well worth it. I'll post picks as I build.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I'll post picks as I build.

:)
1085.gif

reefermagic

Two nights, many cigarettes, a "few cocktails, a couple re-do's, and the install is complete and has been tested. Pics of the completed project coming soon.

Acanman

Man that looks like intricate work. I would love to do that upgrade. Is it plugnplay or is there electrical wire splicing ,cutting, tying and soddering etc....?

reefermagic

Not plug and play, there is a lot of soldering and wire cutting. Checkout stevesleds.com, he has a plug and play kit.

Two nights, many cigarettes, a "few cocktails, a couple re-do's, and the install is complete and has been tested. Pics of the completed project coming soon.

Looks pretty neat. Thanks for sharing. Are you happy with the light? and how does it compare with the original? I do like the distribution of the LED's across the heatsink, it must give a fairly even distribution across the tank?