Recent content by carp51

1. C

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin can you use led grow lights? ive built my filter using yours as a template maybe improved with the led grow lights. i used a rubbermaid container for my external sump, pvc spraybar,150gph pump(im only pumping...
  2. C

pulsing xenia died

does anyone know why my xenia might have died? my water parameters are perfect im very anal about my water.the only thing i can think of is my water temp got a little hot a couple of times 81 but i have fan evaporative cooling on a timer andmy temps go down to76 to 78 fairly soon. would this...
  3. C

1st Saltwater Tank - 29g BioCube

everyone has told you very good advice.take heed this advice will help you from having a total tank meltdown.you must go var slow if you think your already going slow go slower it will pay off trust me.oh one thing i have a 29 bio too and get rid of the bio balls and put live rock in the sump...
  4. C

berghia nudibranchs in the house

that is very true your very lucky if you even see them after you put them into your tank let alone ge them out.but if i was successful i have a friend who will take them for aptaisia cleansing of his tank.we are going to try the extraction this weekend.but if we cant then nature will have to...
  5. C

berghia nudibranchs in the house

my berghia are taking care of my aptaisia outbreak i am very pleased that they are taking care of them with no chemical treatments. i put three of them n my tank and only one has survived but it is a lawnmower. i had about 17 small aptasias and now i have 7 left that i can see. awsome!
  6. C

opinion on clear vu aquariums

thanx i appreciate it alot of money goes in to this hobby and i pays well to do your homework
  7. C

opinion on clear vu aquariums

does anybody have an opinion on clear vu aquariums weather there quality is good i heard there customer service sucks . and also glass cags out of dixon tenn. r they an good going to buy a 150 g tank just lookng for the right one.
  8. C

Torch coral placement and flow reqs

carp 51/ if you look at my tank photos i have two head torch coral and mine i have a power head pointed at it from across the tank. i pointed it up a little so its not directly on it just so it gently waves in the current and its thriving it has grown by a third probably in 3 months i placed it...
  9. 0071

10. 0092

11. 005

12. 004

13. 010

14. 130

carps aussie elegance
  15. 128

carps reef