your first fish

swissgaurd

My first fish in a marine tank was a niger (black) trigger.

oh my how things have changed.i also used an undergravel filtration system.

dont have a photo.
they didnt have digital cameras back then.

vic

BoomerD

Very first marine fish?...Wow, that would have to be the plethora of damsels I used to cycle my 70 gallon nearly 20 yrs ago. Like SwissGuard, Undergravel filter, Hawaiian puka shell gravel, hang on back filter, and powerheads. Replaced the damsels (tough to catch!) with yellow tang, niger trigger, 2 clarlkii clowns. Several large pieces of decorative (dead) coral which had to be bleached every 2 or 3 weeks to keep it algae free. thank god for hypo! Nowdays, I shake my head in amazement and dismay when I see a tank set up like that!

fidojoe

Fish Addict
The damNsels:D , that the LFS sold me to cycle my tank:rolleyes: , those were my first inhabitants, but they were gone in 3 weeks, and luckily they were no problem to catch. My first real inhabitants (long term) was a pair of false percs (still have the female), and later that day, I also got a coral beauty. Before I get scolded for a screw up I made a year ago, I'll explain, I had the 2 damNsels, removed them, and brought them to the LFS, and bought the 2 clowns, and the clowns were actually smaller than the damsels, so the LFS said it was basically an even trade (bioload wise), and if I wanted, I could add the coral beauty, so I got the clowns and went back later that day for the angel. It all seemed logical, but probably a bad choice, because I lost the angel to ick 2 months later.

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
My first marine fish was well over 30 years ago and was a jawfish! Still remember it's personality after all these years!:)

Gina

RS STAFF
My first fish were 2 false percs. With a orchid dottyback next on the list.

Dracunculus

Trio of ocellaris clowns and one royal gramma. This is about one year ago, when I first started on keeping a SW tank. The gramma died within 24 hours, but the clowns are still thriving.

Scooterman

Green Chromises, I had 4 to start, had to get rid of them in my 30g, otherwise I couldn't keep anything else in there.

ScottT1980

The ever exciting pinfish or Lagodon rhomboides , straight out of the tropical paradise that is, the NC coast.

First "Tropical" fish was a Huma Huma trigger.

Take er easy
Scott T.

BigReepher

Black-tailed humbug or four-striped damsel, humbug sounds better.:smirk: He currently owns the sump. He'd attack a shark if given the chance.

mwrager

My first fish was a gold fish and that was 35 year a go. I ran fresh water for 30 years, now I have both fresh and salt.

Curtswearing

Bi-color blenny named gilroy. He slept in an upturned mexican turbo shell and would sit just high enough that he could see out.

He looked like that cartoon with a picture of fingers, a top of someones head showing only the eyes. I thought the saying that was under it was "Gilroy Was Here" and that's how he got his name. It turns out Gilroy wasn't the right saying and I misnamed my fish.