Wrangy's 50 Gallon ZEOvit Rebirth

anarchy

Thanka :) it makes my life a whole lot easier and more organised!
I need to do this so bad. I'm looking into building onto my stand just for this reason and also looking to swap out my power strip for the dj power strips

ANARCHY

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
:woohoo:
First coral has gone into the tank! I went down to my lfs last night to get some media bags, frag plugs and water (timed it with the coral shipment he got in :rolleyes: lol). And I thought I might buy a very nice little a. millepora for the tank :) Known as a dragonscale milli down in these parts lol and it's got some killer colours to it! Settled well last night, had all polyps out in about 15mins which was nice and it was rather fuzzy when I checked after lights out so the zeo cycle must have done well :D I also added a thin layer of sand yesterday morning and it looks much better, nice and thin for ease of cleaning and stirring regularly :)

Today's list of jobs are:
- Move snails over.
- Dip zoa's in hydrogen peroxide
- Frag zoa's
- Glue zoa's down on the rock's to start the new garden!
- Maybe move ric's

Then I'll wait a couple of day's and start moving my select acro's across (being picky this time lol) and frag a couple as well and maybe move my small t. crocea as well :) I'll be having a clearout sale next week to move on all the spare frags and colonies that won't be making the cut lol

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I need to do this so bad. I'm looking into building onto my stand just for this reason and also looking to swap out my power strip for the dj power strips

ANARCHY

It's worth a bit of time to set it all up, I probably spent an hour or so on my few cords haha much easier to live with now though!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Made a few frags while moving my zoa's back into the tank, have to say the hydrogen peroxide dip worked really well and everything is already starting to open :) I used 6% H2O2 with a ratio of 1:5 parts tank water, I might go with 1:7-8 next time, it was a little harsh on the poor zoa's but they're all settling in well :)
22 frags later :)

Frankie

RS STAFF
Part of my restart was to make things much easier and simpler than what I had and to also keep things a heck of a lot more tidy and today I got most of the way through that :D I sent some time with the good old cable tidy-hidey lol and organised the cabling in my sump and all of the little control boxes that run and maintain my lovely little glass box of water!

It really is amazing how much more clean and tidy the sump looks just by hiding a few cables:

No sand in the tank yet which is why the sump appears to be lit haha

The next step I was going to put all of the boxes into a cabinet next to the sump to hide them and make things a little tidier but I decided to mount them on the side of the tank instead as it's easier to see and use that way, they can always be moved later if needed :)

Not a pro job or anything but I'm happy with it and it certainly makes things a crapload easier!! All I need to do now it tidy up a few last cables and get a small cabinet for my dosing equipment and any tank stuff I want to keep near the tank :)
What happened to the thumbs up button!? Guess i need to post a few words. Sorry brother, been very busy with my company, breaking new ground!!
Looks very pro to me! Super excited every time you post an update. I dig the scape! Never thought of a horse shoe shape before. Very cool.
Once you add sand the sump is going to depress you. I added cheap blue leds to bring back the love for the sump and it worked great! The sump is still my favorite part of my system[emoji106]

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
What happened to the thumbs up button!? Guess i need to post a few words. Sorry brother, been very busy with my company, breaking new ground!!
Looks very pro to me! Super excited every time you post an update. I dig the scape! Never thought of a horse shoe shape before. Very cool.
Once you add sand the sump is going to depress you. I added cheap blue leds to bring back the love for the sump and it worked great! The sump is still my favorite part of my system[emoji106]

RS is having a few malware/hacker attacks at the moment so Travis has removed the "like" button as it was part of the weakness. Good to hear the company is breaking new ground! No need to be sorry for that! ;) Hopefully its taking off for you! :yup:
Thanks mate! I'm really happy with the scape, it's all been stuck down now and epoxied :) so I'm definitely happy with it! I was a little bit depressed when I added the sand lol I'll be getting some cheapy led's to add in there :) maybe make a small frag rack to add to it as well. I do love the sump and all the equipment that goes into a tank and looks after it!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Some more shots, pretty much the same as above but played with a few extra settings, all the photo's were taken under blues as I'm trying to improve taking shots under blues :)

The beginnings of a lovely zoa garden:

The first acro again:

And my little goni is back in the tank and slowly cheering up :)

Frankie

RS STAFF
Sorry brother, between the site upgrade and taptalk updates all my subscriptions are in limbo.
Found you though!
Looking great!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Sorry brother, between the site upgrade and taptalk updates all my subscriptions are in limbo.
Found you though!
Looking great!
Thanks man :D I'm really happy with how the scape has come up! Also transferred my little t. crocea yesterday and she's settled in a treat :)

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
You know that if you mention the clams, I want to see pictures to along with it :)
I'll take one for you today then :) The little one has settled in really well, I'm waiting for her to attach her foot before I place her where I want her to live :)

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Also I've decided on a Mystery Wrasse too Sue :) Your leopard is amazing but I've gone less sand for this tank as it's easier to maintain with zeo so it's ruled out the leopard for me but I'm not going to complain about that lol

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Well, you've been talking about getting a mystery wrasse for a while now, so I'm glad that you have decided on it. The leopard is great, but the mystery will be also.
I have, haven't I? :p haha I'm not losing out either way, when I have a bigger tank I'm definitely going to get a harem of leopards though :)
You won't regret it! My six line is a favored
Never really been a huge wrasse fan but they've grown on me lots :) Mystery's, Leopards and Possums are by far my favourites :)

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
First stone change occurred last night and my what a difference it has made! :) Everything seems even more happier and the diatoms that have been around the last week have receded rather fast!

First water change is on the cards for tomorrow so wish me luck! haha hopefully things sail smoothly!

New lights are now strongly on the cards! Looks like I might be getting a 10x 24w ati light for the tank to bake me some delicious acro's! :D