Wrangy's 50 Gallon Reef Cube

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Thanks mate! If all goes well, hopefully there will be fish by the end of next week :)

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
It's happened already!!

I can't believe it but it's happened already! I thought that I'd be able to last longer than this but alas I haven't been able to :p I want a bigger tank :p haha

I was sitting here thinking further about my fish list and what stock I want and in what order... and all I can think of is angels, dwarf angels, angels and more ANGELS :laughroll blasted things are going to cost me my life LOL unfortunately (read fortunately :p) that upgrade won't be for a while, once I finished uni in a couple of years and potentially move interstate where I know I won't be going anywhere. That little outbreak aside :turntable

Snails are absolutely brilliant! I love how much work they've done and how good the rock work is starting to look without any of the gunky algae and such on it :) Strom is an absolute bulldozer on anything and has just started working on the sandbed now LOL after deciding that he'd go against nature and climb all over my rocks :p Really really happy with everyone!! :) Especially that such a small cuc is managing my tank so well, I'll be intrigued to see how they go once I get my lights back and first fish/es :D

As for the all important fish list I was thinking about LOL It's been refined again and I'm starting to get a more specific list :)

- Flame Hawkfish, my lfs had one of these guys when I went down yesterday and it was love at first sight :yup:
- Coral Beauty Angel, once again my lfs had some in stock and as much as I love the brightness of the Flame Angel, the colouring on these guys and the almost shine to them at the right angle is amazing so my dwarf angel has been officially chosen :woohoo:, I mean how can I say no ***Here Fishy*** Coral Beauty :p
- Twinspot Gobies, A pair of these guys as they are so interesting but they will come much later once my fish keeping skills and more tuned and the tank has matured more :)
OR
- Red Scooter Dragonet, It will either be one of these or the twinspots as they have the same sort of food sources and I don't want anyone starving!!​

There are still a few other fish I would like to add like maybe a blenny for the personality like a bicolour :) and a Royal Gramma for some real brightness but there are some others, like wrasse, that I'd love to get but they require a bit more planning and it'll also depend on what my lfs will have in stock over the coming months :)

Still don't have my lights back but fingers crossed before the end of the week! :fingerx: and everything else is running smoothly, heater is chugging away due to it being winter over here :snow: (not that we get snow LOL) Skimmer is still bubbling away and so the water is spotlessly clean. Still in the works is coming up with a silencer for my overflow (nosiest bugger ever!) but that's mainly due to not being able to find the right size plumbing parts.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Oh and my deep dark red coralline algae is growing really well too!! :D rock is starting to looking really awesome with it :)

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Just a quick update while on my break at work :p (don't get a lot of time, a kitchen is a busy place LOL)

I'm getting fish on Wednesday :D :woohoo:
Just called my lfs and he hadn't sold the two beauties I wanted so I've got myself and flame hawk and a coral beauty on hold for pickup on Wednesday :yup:
I'm sooooo excited!!! YAY for fish :p I might be getting some zoas or morphs while I'm there depending on what he has in stock :D

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Finally got my lights back and the tank looks absolutely stunning under them :D I love the shimmer that led's give off :yup: My thoughts went out to Lipman as I unpacked them who still isn't having much luck with getting his led install finalised :( Hang in there mate!!! :) Also did a wc today and levels are looking great for my new arrivals :)

To say the least I'm super excited about FINALLY getting some livestock and my FIRST marine animals :D :D :woohoo: CANNOT wait!! :yup:
Heading straight from uni to my lfs (paying for parking in the city and a 45min drive from uni) so I'm dedicated :p and my new babies are waiting there for me to pick them up and take them home :) I'm also hoping to get a couple of brightly coloured morphs or zoas but it'll also depend on what happens while I'm at my lfs which I foresee being a good few hours :p LOL

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
And now for the all important FIRST fishy friends in the tank and I have never been more excited :D :dance: :woohoo: :yup:
Went down to the lfs today and picked up the Flame hawk and Coral Beauty that I've had on hold :D I didn't get any corals, nothing caught my eye although there were some really nice torches there :)

My flame hawk, never met a more photogenic fish straight out of the bag :p here are lots and LOTS of photos :D

I think I'm in love already :yup: :turntable

And unfortunately for the moment there's only one photo of the coral beauty as it's still adjusting to the new tank and hasn't come out to explore much yet but I managed one really nice shot :) My golly gosh is it beautiful too :) the light blue around the edges of her fins fluoresces when the light hits it at the right angle, soooo pretty :drooool:

And now for some FTS's, big thanks to Kevin and his photography thread as the photos are awesome due to his advice :) Thanks mate! :yup:
Front on:

From the angle of the hallway:

Angle from the lounges and dinner table:

And finally some semi-creative top down shots :)

BEST DAY EVER :D :D :D hahaha I'll hopefully get some more photos of the coral beauty up tonight as she becomes more daring :)

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Great stuff mate. Flame hawk is sure enjoying himself and exploring the whole tank. Coral beauty will follow suit :)

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Thanks mate! :) He certainly is, that's for sure :p I've never seen such a character LOL I can't wait till she does, I want to see her out and about and parading around :)

Lipman

wow LOVE your new additions!! Glad to see you are finally at the fish stage!!

I may have to grab myself a Flame hawk great looking fish!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Thanks! :) So do I, such beautiful fish and I'm so glad that the wait is finally over :D I'll have some corals in two weeks time too :D got a frag meet coming up and I can't wait to see how it's all done and what everyone has :yup:

DO IT!! :p I've never seen such a character and confidence in a fish before :) I love the way he perches and just stares back and then moves on to the next spot and stares back again :p

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Congats Dom!! My Coral Beauty hid most of the time until there were other fish in there with him. Once he had tank mates that liked to swim around, he starting coming out more.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Thanks Greg :) I knew there was going to be some hiding at the start but she's not too bad, comes out from under the rocks every-so-often but doesn't stray very far. She adjust with time and some more outgoing fish hopefully :)