Wood Stoves and Reef Aquariums?

As winter approaches, me and my wife are searching for ways to save money on heat. We recently purchased a Wood Stove (fireplace insert) and are waiting to have it installed. In our living room, we had 3 reef tanks, a 90g, 75g, and 29g. We have removed the 29g because it would be within 3 feet of our wood stove. We are wondering if the stove would interfere with our 90g and 75g which are each about 13-14 feet away from it. Wood stoves are new for me and I am hoping someone has experience with the type of heat they produce. I would buy a chiller to be safe, but money is tight. Is there anything to be worried about? Any suggestions?

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
We really don't feel the heat form our fireplace outside of an eight foot radius. As long as you don't have any rampant heat issues already, you'll be fine.

Blue Space

I know that when my grandfather lit his wood stove it would get SUPER hot. So hot that I would be forced to go outside just to cool off although, when the fire died down it got chilly! It really depends on what/how much you're burning in it.

14 feet away I would think should be ok. I know for sure that there will be a large temperature fluctuation as soon as you light that sucker! :D The only way to know is to "kick the tires and light the fires" and monitor your tank's temp compared to the ambient room temp. It should keep your home nice and toasty...

I have a 220g built in the wall with a littel over 300g of total water and a wood stove. My tank is close to the stove and it is my main heat source so it is going almost all the time.Yes i have a problem with heat i have duck work to the outside set up on a thermostat and it seems to work well as i live in northern canada so it gets very cold. So it will depend on how much you will be useing it you can't realy regulate the heat from a wood stove and you will need to get it very hot for about 15min a fewtimes a week to burn out the creasote this helps prevent a chimney fire.Hope this helps a littel good luck!!