Witty's Monster 210 Experiment

DaveK

I'd be scared to put anything from the NJ coast in my tank!:lol:
j/k

I realize you are saying this in fun!

NY does have quite a diverse wetlands area. If you are ever in the south NJ coastal area, check out the nature trails and bird watching areas around Cape May point and the Wetlands Institute in Stone Harbor.

It's not going to look like a tropical coral reef, but it is an area full of life.

Oh yea, it you do this, be sure to bring insect repellent. Wetlands in general have a lot of flys and stuff that bite.

mps9506

I realize you are saying this in fun!

NY does have quite a diverse wetlands area. If you are ever in the south NJ coastal area, check out the nature trails and bird watching areas around Cape May point and the Wetlands Institute in Stone Harbor.

It's not going to look like a tropical coral reef, but it is an area full of life.

Oh yea, it you do this, be sure to bring insect repellent. Wetlands in general have a lot of flys and stuff that bite.

Oh yea, I know. I grew up in the Chesapeake Bay region, then spent the last 8 years on the barrier islands of NC.
I actually look forward to some winter surfing in NJ some day.

Craig Manoukian

The thing I've found with fish in general is that juvenile behavior can be different fron the adult disposition, hope your Angel doesn't chage it's stripes, eh?

Witfull

he/she started eating flake today...in the open.

PS, Z is doning fine.....no matter what, im keeping my buddy. he has bonded to me like a dog,,,and god i loved my last dog, Spoert" God rest his soul.

Witfull

well, you all should know im a sucker for rescuing critters. and i did it again today. i got a yellow tang that has had his fins burned off by EXTREMELY high nitrates. tangs are hardy but when the test water had to be diluted 3 times to get a reading on the charts, and doing the math.....nitrates were 950ppm.

he was brought into a store saying, i think hes being picked on and not doing well.

lcstorc

Another rescue attempt. Well the last one went well. Hope this one does as well.
Glad there are people like you around to rescue these guys.

Witfull

here is the poor soul, notice the lack of finnage~

yellow-tang-day-1.jpg

Witfull

oh, hes so thin too, showing ribs and pinched.

but, on the good side, hes not shy. he is giving way to the others in the tank, but not running. neither is he being the new fish butt head. he is picking here and there and cruising.

soon ill have the dual dwarf angel dual zebrasoma tang tank. i have faith in this guy.

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
I do the same thing & Vicki gets mad @ me for it because they are normally in thre take directly across from my desk