Willie's plywood adventure

Basile

hello basile,thats great,glad you can still keep an eye on us,you hadn't been gone a couple days and I was already missing you :)

You bet! someone's gotta keep track of ya, through are spy satelite lol. I miss you all and the fun discussion. It seems i could be gone for longer, they say 3 months. And another thing ; before i left , i noticed that my air conditioner is broken. My buddy is looking for a repair guy to fix it. Can't loose it all to hot weather ; that would be tragic. My horse tank and the biocube after a year, all that work. Hope its fixable. If not disaster:maddown:

Willie McDaries

You bet! someone's gotta keep track of ya, through are spy satelite lol. I miss you all and the fun discussion. It seems i could be gone for longer, they say 3 months. And another thing ; before i left , i noticed that my air conditioner is broken. My buddy is looking for a repair guy to fix it. Can't loose it all to hot weather ; that would be tragic. My horse tank and the biocube after a year, all that work. Hope its fixable. If not disaster:maddown:
hope they can get it fixed,that would be bad to loose any of it,after working so hard to keep it alive,2 winters ago I lost most of my livestock to an 18hr power outage....and I still don't have a generator :confused:

Willie McDaries

well,I have my 120g moved and I'm setting up a 72g bow front for my sea horses,I just finished drilling the holes for the over flow....the 120g is out of my way now.....I still have to move the 150g,then I'll be ready to start preparing for the 360 to come in from my workshop :)

Willie McDaries

well I have the 72 up and running,everyone is doing great in their new smaller home.....I drained the 360 and cleaned the inside of it,so its ready to come in the house now,but the house is not ready for the tank....my problem is,I need my 150 moved and set back up,until I can get the 360 in place and plumbed,I don't have anywhere else in the house that the 150 will fit,

when I switched the 120 out for the 72,I drained the 120 into the 72 and a trash can,then moved all my rock and critters to the 72.....after the 120 was emptied I moved it to the floor,moved the 120 stand out....then installed the 72 stand,I then moved everything from the 72 back to the 120 which is still in the floor,so I could get the 72 ready to install,I then drilled the holes for the overflow in the 72,which I removed from the 120

I thought about doing the 360 this way,bring it in and set it in the floor and drain the 150 into the 360 and move all my fish and coral to the 360 as well,then I could set the 150 in the floor,move the stand for it and start setting up the 360 stand,....then move everything back to the 150 thats still setting in the floor and get the 360 setting on the stand,and move every thing back to it from the 150 again.....I don't have enough saltwater mixed for this though,so I wouldn't be able to run my filter system

Willie McDaries

well the tank and stand are in the bed of my truck,ready to be carried in if I can find some able bodys to help :D

I loaded it by myself,but I don't think I will ever do that again....oh my back...

HPIM3101.jpg

HPIM3102.jpg

HPIM3103.jpg

HPIM3104.jpg

yes I am a redneck,I still have my Christmas light up :D

I don't know what happened to the last pic,its got part of my aquarium in it

Willie McDaries

I set my 120 set back up and moved everything but the sand and 20 or so gallons of water,from the 150....when I get all that cleaned out I'll be ready to move the 150...my back is killing me but almost ready to move the 360 in :)

Willie McDaries

the tank is no longer in my shop,I finally got it in the house,I need a lot of plumbing pieces and stuff,so it will be a while still,but the tank is level....after I cleaned the tank with the watered down ammonia and rinsed it out,it still has an ammonia smell,so I'm gonna fill it back up with tap water and let it run for a few days after I get all my plumbing and see if the smell goes away....here are some pics
HPIM3101.jpg

HPIM3103.jpg

HPIM3105.jpg

my baby girl insisted on being first in the tank,after it came in the house
HPIM3108.jpg

JoJo

Hey Willie, your progress is looking good! lol, the first thing i noticed was the lights on the house...you must be planning for the Christmas in July. from the size of that tank & how well you built it looks like you & your truck were both saying "Oh...my back", that thing is massive.

I dont know about the ammonia, because i was always told to only use vinegar & water but hopefully you can get it completely out of the tank so not to cause problems down the line. nice mermaid shot, you're going to have to post a pic of yourself standing next to the tank as well. keep up the good work...

Willie McDaries

Hey Willie, your progress is looking good! lol, the first thing i noticed was the lights on the house...you must be planning for the Christmas in July. from the size of that tank & how well you built it looks like you & your truck were both saying "Oh...my back", that thing is massive.

I dont know about the ammonia, because i was always told to only use vinegar & water but hopefully you can get it completely out of the tank so not to cause problems down the line. nice mermaid shot, you're going to have to post a pic of yourself standing next to the tank as well. keep up the good work...

yeah,it squatted my truck an inch or so....I didn't think I was gonna be able to get up this morning........the sweetwater paint says to mix 1 cup of ammonia to 1 gallon of water and wipe the tank down,then rinse,thats supposed to make it fish safe....it may do it,but my fish are not going in there until the smell is gone...so looks like I may need to rinse some more :) .... vinegar smells as bad as ammonia,but I might need to wash it down now with that...

JoJo

glad to hear you're up & about. it may be worth trying a vinegar wash, let me know how it turns out

Willie McDaries

glad to hear you're up & about. it may be worth trying a vinegar wash, let me know how it turns out

well the ammonia smell is gone....I had some water left over after moving everything from my 150 to my 120,so to keep my sand alive,I put it in the tank along with the left over water,and added 2 powerheads.....in the process of moving the stand we managed to break the glass in my 30g,so all the rock that was in it is also in the tank.....lost about 15 gallons of water,in the floor,big mess.....now I've got to get my ro/di filter mounted and hooked back up so I can start making saltwater again

HPIM3111.jpg

Frankie

RS STAFF
Looking good Willie! My back hurts also just thinking about moving it alone. LOL!
It looks like your pretty committed at this point!

Willie McDaries

Looking good Willie! My back hurts also just thinking about moving it alone. LOL!
It looks like your pretty committed at this point!
thanks Frankie
I'm committed or I need committed....too a insane asylum :drooool: :lookaroun :hammerhea

I have my ro/di filter going again,I have about 30 gallon of new saltwater mixing and heating,at this rate,I may have it full in a few months :ofr: :D

Willie McDaries

Coming along pretty quick. You're going to be needing that hammerhead soon. :)

yep,I'm moving a little faster than I thought I would be able too,but thats ok..........I've gotta figure my plumbing out and get the stuff for that......after yesterday,I need to rest for a few days,I'm about wore out.....