will they get along

molsen187

i recently found a lfs that has green mandarins that are eating frozen mysis and i was wondering if they would get along with the goby i have. i know they both like the bottom of the tank so i wasn't sure if they would get along. i have a 55g.

redsea reefer

What kinda goby? I had a diamond goby that would chase my mandarin, so out he went...

Ask them to feed the mandarin in front of you to make sure...

molsen187

sorry it's a golden goby he is a decent size 2-3 inches. and he has a pistol not sure if that would make him more territorial or not. they pretty much stay to the left side of my tank in their taj mahal tunnel network. i was hoping the mandarin would stay near the right side if i put him in on that side, but i know there would be no guarantee for that. i will definitely have them feed the fish in front of me. they might not even have it by the time i can afford it.they have four of them supposedly.

molsen187

so do people think the goby would get along with the mandarin or should i stay away from it. i think its a good oppurtunity to get a mandarin that is already eating frozen mysis. my compatibility chart says they should get along but i am looking for actual experience. thanks to all that answered.

Jeremy0322

Talk to the LFS owner and see if you can take it back if there is a compatibility issue. I have no experience with this particular combination, so I cant give you a yes or no, but asking that question may be your best move.

molsen187

really i would of never though to worry about the shrip i barely ever see it. it kind of just stays in its tunnel network i've never even heard it popping off at anything. i figured the goby might chase him around. thanks for the advice looks like i'll have to wait to get one.

crustman

I have a clown Goby, a Yellowhead jawfish and my Green Mandarin with several other fishes. The Mandarin has warning colors so they stay away. You need lots of live rock and pods for it.