Will a Pistol, peppermint, and skunk work?

mro2you2

I have a peppermint shrimp, to rid of aptiasia, and I want a skunk cleaner, for the heck of it and I want a pistol shrimp for yellow watchmen goby I want REALLY bad. LFS sells really tiny pistol shrimp ( 3/4 of a inch ) and think it would be problematic till got to size. Thanks in advance.

Ive starved the peppermint shrimp for days and finall got him to eat aptaisia.:p Of course right after I joe juice them:banghead:

cbrownfish

It is very helpful if you provide a bit more information with your questions. 2 gallon pico tank? Huge 500 gallon tank?

Yes, they should be fine unless this is a small nano.

cbrownfish

I would say borderline but possible if you have a lot of rockwork with hiding places and a good sandbed for the pistol and goby to burrow in.

peasofme

shrimps don't get along, not even with their own species. the peppermint will kill the skunk and the pistol will kill the peppermint

tnwillia

I've had all three at the same time for over a year without problems. But, every tank is different. Good luck!

Harlequin741

I have a pistol,skunk cleaner,fire shrimp, 2 peperment,one Bongo shrimp.They are in a 20 gal nano reef tank,They have all been to geather for over a year and no problums with any of them .The only fish in the tank is a fire Goby. It is only an invert tank.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I've had all three at the same time for over a year without problems. But, every tank is different. Good luck!

Same here, for close to a year also. 2 skunks in fact - 34 gallon RSM. I've seen no problems at all.

steved13

PREMIUM
I have a skunk cleaner and a tiger snapping, no interaction at all, I'm not even sure they know each other are in the tnak.