Wild ride for a Nudibranch

Scouter Steve

OK here's my setup, 2 display tanks (120+125), basement sump and 40 gal fuge. Both tanks drain to my 90 gallon sump with one return pump pushing the water back up. The fuge is fed off the return pump also.
So that is the background. Fast forward 1 1/2 years from setup and I have one display that I am fighting bryopsis in. Why only the one I am not sure but anyhow. I have purchased 12 lettuce nudibranch's to try and stem the bryopsis. Put them all in the 120 about a week ago. Today I look in the 125 and there is a nudi. Looks like it is cut in half but very alive! So this little creature must have gone down the drain from the 120 then either went through the pump (tore up a bit) and blasted back up into the other tank or crossed the flow in the sump and climbed back up the other drain line fighting about 800 gph in that drain!

Varga

The only obvious and possible explanation is that he climed out of one tank, ran across the floor, and climed into the other tank. there! mystery solved. Man I'm good :D

lcstorc

I did have a fish jump from one tank to another at least 6 inches away. He not only jumped into the tank but into the overflow in the back. I thought he became a kitty snack until I discovered him in the other overflow.