Why??

deaclauderdale

Wow things can really suck sometimes. So my reefkeeper module fails and that throws several other systems into chaos, but I was able to remedy that until a new one can be purchased. Now low and behold my GenX 40 fails (all the teeth on the wheel are gone) and I couldn't order a new one because my new debit card hasn't arrived. Thankfully there is a silver lining; my skimmer pump (Mag 12) is being used as a replacement pump until I can repair the GenX, the thing is I love how silent the Mag runs on the tank. I mean the system is virtually silent with the exception of the cooling fans and now I don't want to replace the Mag as the main return. Decisions decisions???? I need a new Mag (Mag 18) for my skimmer and a new module if anyone is feeling generous:bluenod:

deaclauderdale

More great news, the seal on the Mag must be bad because I found a nice amount of water settling in the stand at 3 am. To make matters worst I have to go out of town today so I cannot fully address the issue. I'll just shut down the return and allow the maxi's to run in the display until I get home on Saturday. Don't you just love when things go haywire when your on your way out of town.

reef dummy

Sorry to hear about your problems! I do love my mag 9 retrun pump, my entire 120g is almost completely silent. Hope things get back to normal soon!:yup: