Who's in New England (NH, MA, VT, ME) ...

ReefLady

Staff member
So, around noon-ish tomorrow or thereabout? I'll be here all do, so anytime is fine.

Anyone else is still welcome.

Witfull

hey teri, first day of vacation, and guess what!?! i slept in....being that its about a 6+ hr drive to your place, i dont think ill make it:D
save me a few Zo frags.

Dave XOXOXO

Gina

RS STAFF
Wish you were all closer! Sounds like alot of fun!! Kinda far for me to drive though! I agree with Dave, don't forget some pics of your cookout!!!!

TomV

Cookout? Well, it rained, so there wasn't a cookout. :)

There was an absolute FRAG OUT! :D I, personally, had a blast! It was nice to see Teri's amazing tank and all the work she and her husband did on it. It's quite overwhelming, but awesome nonetheless! I don't have any pictures yet of my haul. The tanks are cloudy from the new additions. ;) My Oscellaris is wandering around the 10 not knowing what the heck just happened to his domain! The Scooter just HAD to inspect every little rock that went into the 10 as well. The 29 got cloudy from the new sand I got from Teri's Fuge. As I was adding it, the 3 fish were sitting in the corner, the only clear part of the tank, and watching fearfully as the fog approached. The whole tank is clouded over now and they're somewhere in it--not liking me at this point I'm sure!!!;)

But, they will be coming once the new stuff has had time to get used to the tank. :)

It was great to meet everyone! :D :D :D :D

Last edited:

TomV

Well, Teri and her husband seemed quite worried about you, Dave (Gumhead). Glad everything is ok with you though!

tommyp

Good times! Good folks!

Just got done acclimating and attaching corals. I can't say enough about Teri and Don. They are the best. Super generous and just great people.

TomV hope you like your "reef starter kit"!!! post some pics when you can!

Tommyp

gumhead

Originally posted by TomV
Well, Teri and her husband seemed quite worried about you, Dave (Gumhead). Glad everything is ok with you though!
Oh jeesh! I should have called... or at least posted!
My mother really needed my help today...

Dang I feel bad now...

TomV

Gumhead: It's ok, Dave! They were just worried. :)

Tommyp: MANY MANY thanks for my "reef starter kit"! The mini brittles are exploring as we speak! When the lights go back on tomorrow, I will take some pics and post em in a new thread. What I can tell you at this point: Green Star Polyps came out after a while. The larger Zoanthids took straight to the tank and opened well! (All 3 varieties!) The smaller ones started to open up. I might move them to a lighter flow area. The bigger Zo's seem to like it better.

Nothing is really in a permanent place yet other than the Colt Coral from Teri. It has a PERMANENT spot on the right side of the tank and took right to it. I'm still juggling which spots the corals seem happy in. The Hairy Mushroom I got from her opened right up wide! It's the happiest one so far... Time will tell how everything else takes to the tank, the flow, and the lighting.

ReefLady

Staff member
coral keeper - sorry you missed it. We'll definitely do it again sometime in the next couple months.

Oh jeesh! I should have called... or at least posted!
My mother really needed my help today...

Dang I feel bad now...

Dave - don't sweat it, no big deal -- I just wanted to make sure you were okay. We'll get together at some point!

TomV- it was great to meet you, and Tom P. - of course it was awesome to see you and Renae again.

I got some great frags from Tom P. - some really nice Blasto., 4 new colors of zo's and some Staghorn Monti. (if I got that right - I think that's what you called it?) all great stuff and doing well - pics a bit later.

Thanks again to both of you for coming!

TomV

Well, I definitely had a GREAT time!! I would do it again in a heartbeat!

MANY thanks for having us there and I am incredibly grateful for how I am set up with corals for now!