Which Tang is better off in my tank ?

Which tang would be better in my tank for at most 6ish months?

• 1"-1.5" Purple Tang.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • 3.5"-4" Yellow Tang.

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

new reefer 03

first off. I KNOW 55G IS TOO SMALL FOR A TANG to be happy long-term, but i will upgrade soon...

i currently have a 3.5"-4" YEllow Tang. i am looking at getting rid of it for a 1"-1.5" purple tang. which one would be better in my tank? i plan on upgrading teh size once i find a good deal on a 100-150g reef :)

Luukosian

This argument is getting old(sorry)....if your mind is already set on getting one just get one and put it in there. Smaller the better I guess is the answer to your question.....I just don't want to see this be another of "those" threads cause it seems like I've seen 10 in the last week.

:turntable

reefer4200

even with them being small they STILL swim distances in which even a very large tank just simply cant provide. Regardless, if you're set on having one get the smallest you can find.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
This argument is getting old(sorry)....if your mind is already set on getting one just get one and put it in there. Smaller the better I guess is the answer to your question.....I just don't want to see this be another of "those" threads cause it seems like I've seen 10 in the last week.

:turntable

:thumber:

Very well put Anthony :)

ZAPCOnj

thats the plan. i will set the shipping date a little ways away, but ill make the order tomorrow. :jumprope:

you really should GET RID OF THE YELLOW FIRST

THEN

Order the new one.

the new tang should not be in your hands until the yellow is GONE..

Can i get an AMEN brutha!

dianezoo

I agree with Zapp, If you dont get rid of the yellow first I can see you getting into another quandry when for whater reason your still trying to rehome old yeller, and the purple arrives.
Why so impatient to get the tang right now when your plans are to get a larger tank anyway...then get your tangs when you have the larger tank to enjoy them all the better. In the meantime, enjoy some other cool fish you like. It's not like the tangs wont be around when your really set up for it. I did the same thing thinking Id get a larger tank, but my fish grew faster than the arrival of the larger system and my fish was not the better for it. In this economy its hard to really paln for bigger when things may change= then what.
I know its too hard to get out of your mind, weve all rationalized a plan based on what we do anyway. best regards Diane

Jeremy0322

he wants to get it now because its 50% off of the bluezoo price, so the purple is around $65. I suggest getting a QT anyways, with that happening your purple is occupied for atleast a month. I just set my QT up, and it cost me about 20 bucks. 11 for the bag of salt i needed and about 9 for the water i needed to fill it, that was all. That would be my 2 cents here.

ZAPCOnj

I suggest getting a QT anyways, with that happening your purple is occupied for atleast a month. I just set my QT up, and it cost me about 20 bucks. 11 for the bag of salt i needed and about 9 for the water i needed to fill it, that was all. That would be my 2 cents here.

he debated for like 2 weeks or more on wether to set up a QT then in the end he said his father POO POO"d the idea because he didn't want another tank in the house. He'll have a nice time trying to convince the Parental units to let him set up a QT for this fish when he couldn't convince them to let him treat a Sick set of fish.

what's the shipping cost from Blue zoo on top of the $65 price of that fish?

Jeremy0322

oh yea, I forgot about that..haha. The shipping is $40, but if you are ordering more stuff with the fish its free after $225. If you are just getting the fish you are only saving about 20 bucks from the original cost, but you would have to add shipping to that price too I guess.

ZAPCOnj

so figure if he was to buy the tang the shipped price is $104.98 +/-

I dunno about out by him but my LFS has these purple tangs for $125 - $140.

IMO i would just buy one from the LFS and be able to wait until i got rid of one tang before rushing in to a new one just because it's $20 less or so.

Jeremy0322

this was for one that was about 2 inches and was 199.99. They also had a achilles tang there a few days ago for about 150, but it looked like it was on its last breath :(

sambrinar

this is something I don't understand.. If your current tank is too small, why get a fish that will grow too big, it is traumatic to keep moving the fish from one tank to another...

new reefer 03

i wouldnt move the purple until i upgraded then it would stay in there for a while :)
the tang is not all im getting. shipping is only $20 for me because my dad and i are both ordering, so we are splitting the shipping. i also have blue legs, and like 20 snails coming. the yellow will be gone before the purple arrives 100%. i have a LFS that will take it for credit if a local reefer doesnt buy it first :)