Which pump for JBJ chiller

tnwillia

Which one? Chiller size and your plumbing all play into which pump (Flow output) you will need. Have fun!

ViperDoug

Hey Tom! I am getting the 1/10 hp. I was just looking at the pump you recommended last time but I don't think I need one as large. I also hear the Eheim is a good pump.

jpsika08

The higher flow you can get to reach the max 960GPH the chiller supports, the more efficient power consumption will be.

tnwillia

Where do you want the Chiller & pump to go Doug? In the cabinet or outside, With the 1/10hp, I'd think either would work but you will also have to think about setting the pump on or in a stiff foam to kill the vibrations/noise. Also think about the heat the chiller throws out the back side running as you set it in the cabinet. All good fun!

ViperDoug

Ok, I got the Panworld. I plan on installing the chiller inside the cabinet. I will be installing fans on both cabinet walls to pull air through. Thank you all again for your help!

ReachTheSky

If I were you, I honestly would not put the chiller inside the cabinet. These things put out an astonishing amount of heat up while they're working. Plus if it were to ever break, JBJ probably wouldn't cover it under warranty because they highly advise against putting the chiller inside a stand.

tnwillia

+1^ on the heat. Mine (1/4hp) raises the area temp around the tank very noticably when running and I keep a floor fan running 24/7 blowing thru it to disperse that heat. I'm thinking of moving it into my attic with my new tank build. As long as you get it centered front to back in the cabinet using the fans you talk about you should be able to keep the cabinet temp down. Me, I'd remove the front door on the side you put the chiller and still have the fan. Have fun with it!