When life deals you a lemon... propagate!

reefer gladness

Several months ago when I moved all my LR and corals from my RSM tank to the current 58g I had a little accident. The piece of rock where the branching hammer coral is attached broke when I was lifting it up from the sandbed while still in the tank. The rock spun over upside down and the hammer did a fullblown faceplant in the sandbed.

The hammer quickly made a full recovery but I noticed a little later that a piece of the skeleton had broke and was hanging from soft tissue as you can see here.

DSCN0827.jpg

So, since life had dealt me a lemon I thought I'd try to make some lemonade. There was just enough skeleton left to glue it down to a frag plug so that's what I just did. This pic was taken only a few minutes after propagating and glueing the frag disc down so the coral is still closed up. I expect it will recover though and will post another pic, hopefully within a few days as the coral makes a recovery.

DSCN0829.jpg

reefer gladness

Anyone remember this little guy? Took a few photos the other night and doing a couple updates. The accidental hammer frag doing very well, it's split into 3 heads already. It was spot fed a few times in the first couple weeks and that's been about it.

DSCN1010_zps8f0537dd.jpg