What would you Recommend?

kyle1284

ok that time of the season is comming around and i need some advise for a christmas list... Right now i have a 75 Gal w/ 110 Lbs of live rock, 3 Dams, 1 Fox face, a Plusing Xeina and a few zoos. I got a protein skimmer, the lighting, some cleaning supplies. My Question for yall is what should i ask for, for X mas... My whole family is hounding me as to what i want... does anyone have any suggestions as to what i should get for my aquarium? I know this is an open question but anything will help... Im thinking about getting some Corals in the future but i do not know if any SPS or LPS will be able to thrive under my lighting? I am also fixing to start a QT tank...Any Supplements, gadgets, testing kits, or ANYTHING that would be beneficial to my aquarium? Right now on my list i have a refractometer and a 200 gallon jug of reef crystals... so like i said i Any suggestions will help! Thanks alot!

lcstorc

test kits would be a great idea if you don't have them yet. There are tons of useful gadgets out their like a fish net, long handled grabbers, mag-floats, power heads if you need them. Just a few ideas there. Oh and a protein skimmer for your qt tank would be a great present as well.

TDEVIL

hows about a gift cert from one of the sponsors that can be used at a later date when something catches your eye.
or even a GC from a LFS for future use.

you can ask for all of the hardware to get the Qtank going, heater,filter and/or small skimmer, power head, etc

really depends on what you want, i would take a look at some of the sponsors and go through their sited and see if something pops out at you ;)

Jay

prow

nice a wish list huh. hummm i see a few things IMO every reef needs you dont have listed.
1. refractometer-keep this at the top of the list.
2. ph monitor or controller
3. Ca+ reactor
4. wavemaker
5. auto topoff-RO/DI unit.
6. testing-"salifert kits" Ca, Alk, Mg, NO3, phos, silicate. "tetra kits" NO2, NH3.

thats good start for a wish list IMO.

kyle1284

what would be a good enough skimmer that would do the trick for a 20 gal QT tank? How bout a cost effective skimmer for a 20 gal?

lcstorc

Good question. I need to get one myself so I will wait with you for an answer. My poor qt tank is skimmerless right now.

kyle1284

i know what you pay for is what you get but after all its a QT tank that HOPEFULLY will only be used when introducing new fish... any ideas on the skimmer after saying that?

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Although PRIZM skimmers are nowhere near the best they would be effective in a 20 gal tank IME. If you want a real good skimmer and are willing to spend the $$$ get the Aqua C remora.