What type of fan is best to cool water surface & lighting fixtures?

modulok

I am looking to get a fan to blow over my T5 fixtures and water to use evaporating cooling. I would attach to my Reef Angel controller and program to come on when water hits certain temp.

I have a wall or ceiling I could mount the fan, as I rather not attach to the tank.

theplantman

Try these two links, not sure how the wall mount would work, but I had the tunze mounted inside my canopy on my 34, which was overkill, but I have a 250watt MH on the tank and it needed some serious air flow. It was low profile and virtually silent on both speed setting. (yes it is variable speed) It is a little pricey, but I loved it. Its rated for 1.8 to 3.6 degrees in cooling for up to 132 gallons. I can tell you on my smaller tank it controlled a 6 degree temp swing on the low setting.

Tunze Aquawind Aquarium Fan
UP Aqua Flexible Aquarium Cooling Fan

Hope this helps.

modulok

Does the Aquawind actually have blue LEDs?

I am thinking about trying that one, but I don't want to mount it to the glass, I am thinking on the back pump cover for the Red Sea Max S series tank. If I can mount it somehow to that, and blow towards the front I think that would be ok. It looks too big to mount between the light fixture and top rim of tank.