• Tetratest Kits

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seachem Test Kits

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Hagen Test Kits

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

philodox

I am sick and tired of API test kits giving me wacky results. I'm determined to find something more accurate. Ergo, I am starting this poll to see what you guys/gals are using.

DaveK

None of the above...

Of the aquarium grade test kits I like Elos. I find them similar to Sailfret, but a little easier to use.

Now if money is no object, then the test kits by LaMotte or Hatch are far better than any of the aquarium grade test kits, but be prepared to pay for them. You can figure about $50 - 75 Per test kit for those, but some are less expensive.

GlassMunky

I'm tired of salifert giving me differing wacky reading to the point that i havnt tested any of my parameters in about 2 months now cause i dont trust the readings...... just visual checks that things are growing and weekly waqter changes. but i think im gonna get some LaMotte kits just to have around in case an issue arises.

jpsika08

I use API (Which I consider good, not great), Hanna checker for Alk and Phosphates and Salifert (Magnesium and Alk before getting the checker from Hanna).

Frankie

RS STAFF
Ahoy, i too like the Elos. Seachem has done me well in the past along with Salifert. Aye, me parrot concurs.

Willie McDaries

I use Elos for Ca,Kh,and Mg...AC Jr. w/PHprobe for PH,refractometer for SG and API for everything else but I'm slowly going to all Elos and/or Salifert

Frankie

RS STAFF
I see API is taking the lead in users.

If you want some serious accuracy you can try

Hatch
Hach Company - Water quality testing instruments and reagents for laboratory, portable, and on-line applications

and

Lamotte
Water Quality Testing Products - Instruments, Test Kits, Reagents, Test Strips, Sampling Equipment :: Lamotte Company

I'm starting to lean more and more toward going high end for accuracy. When you think of the amount of money we spend on animals, accuracy is key to success.

Here's a thread Boomer started on test kits for the hobbyist.

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chemistry-forum/65753-lab-aquarium-grade-test-kits.html

Willie McDaries

API is the least expensive and from what I've seen,it fairly reliable,but you can't go by the lines on the test tube,I use a syringe to get an accurate amount of water,the lines on my API test tubes are all off....thought I'd share that just in case someone else might would like to know :D

nightfire76

i use api......i soon will get some hanna checkers, but wish they came out with checkers for the other important levels we check for

DBrinson

Hach for the basics, LaMotte for the tricky ones like Calcium/Hardness and Phosphates.

LaMotte test kits just to be clear, not the gadget Frankie found. Frankie does that come with Onstar? :eek:h:

Of the test kits in the poll I'd go with Salifert.

BLADEYAMAHA

Instant Ocean tests last the longest...........................................................................................................................................................................................................