What kind of soap to wash hands?

ALreefer

May seem like a dumb question but I'm a bit cautious. Any opinions on what sort of soap I should use to wash my hands and arms before I reach into my tank? I am an auto technician so my hands and arms are always filthy at the end of the day and water alone won't take grease off. I have been using go-jo to remove all the dirt grease and then regular hand soap and scrub real good after the soap is washed off the make sure there is none remaining. Is this a safe practice? I try to stay out of my tank as much as possible, but its inevitable sooner or later I have to do something in my tank. Thanks all.

BLAKEJOHN

I am also a mechanic so I know were you're coming from. Before you leave work clean them hands the best you can, really good under the nails (the rest is usually perma-dirt). Then later on in the evening an hour or two before lights out rinse them good with water. When you know you are going into the tank try not to do anything with any detergents or solovents.

BTW: Cherry Bomb or Snap-on's hand cleaner, IMO, is better than the GO-JO

The best thing for us is to use arm length gloves.

buy you a set of aqua gloves. They extend all the way up your arm, though it is harder to grab stuff with. I think you can buy a pair for about 15 bucks.

ALreefer

Thanks for the help. Gloves are on my list for next online order. Until I can get some are powder free latex gloves safe? I have a whole box I bought to use at work and 1 pair later realized I can't stand wearing gloves while working.

BLAKEJOHN: Good to see a fellow mechanic! Never used cherry bomb but you are right about snap-on. It is some good stuff and doesn't dry and crack my hands in the winter like go-jo and trounce does.