What is wrong with this Rhodactis?

BLADEYAMAHA

This is a Hairy Neon Green Rhodactis. I'll look for a photo of when it was in good health, no promises. One day it started looking like this, thought it was the LEDs so I moved it to the bottom, and it still isn't doing better in the past two weeks. Well, maybe a little better.

010.jpg

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
lol I wouldn't sat backwards :D jk not going to get beat down on the led debate :D

BLADEYAMAHA

I know how you feel about LEDs Eric and they do shimmer more, you weren't wrong! It actually could have done this before LEDs, it was in an out of view spot!

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
its a mushroom, they can be a pita at times, a little c/p for ya

This mushroom likes moderate to high levels of light, although in general high light is not a requirement. If the lighting is not their liking, they will fail to thrive and/or shrink. They can easily be brought back by changing their position in the water and by extra feedings. They also cannot handle too high a water flow, they can handle moderate but prefer low velocities.

BLADEYAMAHA

Its in a low velocity situation right now, Sas, I'll try to target feed it then. It was in a higher position and it has some cousins in the tank that are doing well (Regular Hairy Non-Hybrid Green Rhodacti).

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Ive got some green hairy mushrooms, electric I think, in one tank they are almost clear in the other they are really nice, sometimes I wonder about iodine but thats just evil lol

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Their crazy little critters. Mine go from dime size to baseball size and back.

Woohoo Matt has tapatalk back

BLADEYAMAHA

OK, you all, I'll just wait it out then, its already been two weeks and it has left me wondering, only time in months its done this!

oceanreefs

Sorry to hear about that piece of coral, how is everything else looking? if it looks all the same the best thing to do make a water change now. This is only a quick fix. You must get to the root of the problem do some testing.Phil

BLADEYAMAHA

Eric and I actually figured out the problem today, we think, so let you know if a possible solution, increased flow through live rock, will fix this.

DesertOrchid

Low nitrates could be causing it's demise also. Mushrooms like 'dirty' water better than the pristine conditions we try to keep the tanks at for the sps corals. Just a thought......